lxxxiv. | who is negan?

"AARON, ROSITA

"AARON, ROSITA. YOU start here. We'll peel off every quarter mile, meet back here in a couple hours. See what we got." Rick announced to everyone, slowly inching up the road. Ella wanted to pull him to the side to talk but Father Gabriel was the one only who caught his attention for the meantime. When she turned for only a moment to drink vitamin water, he was halfway down the road. She groaned in disgust after swallowing down the water, putting her hands on the hood of the car. Vitamin water might have been the worst thing she'd ever tasted. It was probably the hormones or her body trying to reject it that made her feel like that about vitamin water. She breathed in and out of her nose so she wouldn't throw up, the nauseous feeling building up in her throat.

Glenn looked her in the eye. "You alright there?" he asked, checking his bullets.

She was not able to answer him. The vomit projectiled right out of her as if his question had triggered it. She was lucky enough to turn around to the road before it happened. She spat out some of her spit, wiping her mouth over and over again until it was gone. "Does that answer your question?" she smirked, running her hands over her jeans. "I'm okay. Go already. Heath's waiting for you."

He nodded. He stepped toward her and pecked her cheek. "Stay safe. Don't do more than you have to." he tucked her hair behind her ear, then left to join Heath.

Maggie came up behind her. "Here. I found a rag to clean up whatever got on you." she held it out. Ella smiled and used it to wipe some of her hair clean. "Do you think someone will die, even if we do this the right way?" she suddenly asked, resting against one of the cars.

Ella sighed. "When has no one ever died?" she kicked the dirt. "Fuck, I mean, one person always dies whenever we take big risks like this. You know that even if this is something we have to do to protect ourselves that our blood will be spilled no matter what. Or maybe we get lucky and worst case scenario, if we get lucky, is only someone gets hurt. But that's if we're lucky, you know." she took some normal water and chugged it to wash down the vomit aftertaste.

Maggie clicked her tongue. "So the odds aren't good, but maybe we all just try to boost morale about this. I'm sure no one is thrilled having a pregnant girl to worry about, I'm sure they're all worrying about it and letting it get to their heads that something bad could happen to you."

"I'm sure no one cares." Ella rolled her eyes.

"Glenn cares. I care."

"Really, so you're saying that you don't want me here? You're saying I should go home and hear about how someone died instead of potentially stopping it from happening and. . . or being there with them when they die? Hm?" she questioned, slightly annoyed. "Because I'm sorry but no. Get over yourself and stop caring for just a moment until we are back at Alexandria or until I am dead. I'm not leaving so long as Glenn is out here. Sorry." she took her water and went inside the RV. She slammed the door shut to make it known she was annoyed or frustrated like the drama queen she was.