ii. | dead man walking

AN ALARM BLARED LOUDLY IN THE DISTANCE NEAR THE SURVIVOR'S CAMP

AN ALARM BLARED LOUDLY IN THE DISTANCE NEAR THE SURVIVOR'S CAMP. Everyone looked in the direction of the blaring alarm, their eyes widening in fear of the alarm attracting walkers for miles. Ella shot up from her seat next to her father, swallowing down a lump in her dried up throat.

Shane grabbed his daughter's arm, pulling her closer to him in case it weren't one of their people coming back from the supply run. Lori and Carl ran up to Shane and Ella, fear evident on their faces.

If nobody knew better, they'd think the Walsh family and the Grimes family were all related by blood. Fortunately, they knew better than to think that despite that Shane and Lori were sneaking around and hooking up with each other.

Jim placed his hands on his hips, staring up at Dale. "Hey, Dale, can you see what that is?" he questioned.

Shane moved away from the three and jogged towards the R.V, panic and nervousness rising in his brown eyes. "Talk to me, Dale!" he shouted.

Dale shook his head. "I can't tell yet!" he shouted back.

Amy glanced at Dale, her voice full of curiosity. "Is it them? Are they back?"

Ella's eyes flitted between everyone, hope blossoming in her chest. She sucked in a deep breath, clutching onto Carl's shoulders in fear, hope, and panic.

Lori looked over to Ella, her lips parted, then she looked back at Dale, awaiting for the answer everyone wanted and needed so badly.

"I'll be damned." Dale closely held the binoculars up to his eyesight.

Amy swallowed thickly. "What is it?" she inquired, crossing her arms across her chest.

Dale heavily sighed, shrugging. "A stolen car is my guess." he answered the young girl in her mid-twenties.

Suddenly, a red mustang pulled through the entrance to the main part of the camp. The person inside stayed in for a second before the door swung open and immediately everyone, but Lori, Ella, and Carl swarmed him and asked a ton of questions.

Ella looked past everyone to see Glenn Rhee. Her heart skipped a beat while her stomach flopped upside down at the sight of him. Unknowingly, a smile formed across her face, showing off her teeth.

"Holy crap! Turn that damn thing off!" Dale shouted as he climbed down the ladder to his R.V.

"I don't know how!" Glenn shouted back, irritation in his tone from everyone asking him so many questions at once.