lxxxvi. | death will follow

DENISE WAS MURDERED last night

DENISE WAS MURDERED last night. There were more Saviors just as Ella had predicted. That meant they were retaliating and soon they were going to lose more people, if not everyone. They were probably all going to die. Her baby was going to die before it could even be born. It messed with her head very badly. She wasn't able to sleep at all from trying to come to terms that death would soon follow them. She stood at the fence in front of the house, watching as the sun rose, making beautiful streaks of color across the sky. They might have been a sign from Denise, she was happy where she was. She was. Ella's hand was on her stomach. She was so scared to lose her child. It wasn't even much grown either which was the saddest about it. The child may never experience life because of what they did. There were more Saviors than Rick thought.

"Ella?"

Ella turned. She saw Glenn still in his night clothes. He was confused. He was worried. "What are you doing out here so early?" he asked. He noticed she was wearing what she was last night. "Did you even sleep?"

"No. I couldn't sleep," she went up the stairs. "I'm scared. I don't want to die. I don't want to lose our child. I don't want to lose you. I've never been more scared in my entire life especially after seeing what Negan has done in the past to his victims, the ones who didn't survive his attacks," she rubbed her eyes. "And Denise's death was a message that Negan is coming. He will retaliate and we might all die." she let loose a shaky breath.

Glenn took her in his arms to comfort her. "Whatever may happen, we'll pull through it. We always do."

"Not always. With Maggie, Brandon and Carol, it was such a close call. They would have died if they couldn't escape and-"

He shushed her. "Look, how about we stop thinking about all of the bad things and just think about the good, okay?" he whispered.

She nodded. "Like what?"

He pulled out from the hug and took her hand. He led her back inside of the house. "Maybe, since you can't sleep, we can think about when we'll go up to Hilltop to see what gender the baby might be."

Ella laughed at him. "That's months away."

"No. Last I checked, you are five weeks along so that means about four more weeks before we can find out." he smiled at her, playing with the hair on top of her head.

"Yeah. Do you think Harlan runs only by appointment or do you think he does walk-ins?" Ella joked, acting as if they were back in the normal world they once knew.

Glenn sucked in a deep breath. "Oh, I don't know. We should probably give his secretary a call to find out." he smiled.

"Definitely. Sounds like a good plan. You wanna give him a call later?"