xcii. | "i've missed you"

THEY TOOK EUGENE

THEY TOOK EUGENE. They killed Olivia, Spencer, and Yasmin. The Saviors had to be dealt with. They couldn't keep living like this. It was a nightmare every time the Saviors arrived at Alexandria. To unite the two communities together was a new priority. It was the only way the Saviors were going down. Ella had been right since before they attacked the Saviors, starting all of this, she was right. So, a group of people from Alexandria set out to Hilltop to discuss the plans to take Negan down. Negan deserved nothing more than to be put down by the people he was torturing.

Seeing Maggie looking better than she did the last time Ella saw her made her heart skip a beat. She was overwhelmed with relief. A part of her wished she overcame the mourning part of grief to travel to Hilltop to check on Maggie and the baby. But it wasn't exactly easy to do such a thing with Negan breathing down their necks. They both lost something that night. It wasn't just Ella losing something. Ella needed to remember that.

Maggie almost sidestepped Rick to make her way to Ella first. Maggie was overjoyed to see her long time friend. Maggie fell into her arms. Ella's face nestled in her hair. "I've missed you," Ella spoke. "Is the baby? Are you-"

Maggie nodded. "I'm okay. The baby is okay. We all are." they pulled away. Maggie tried to ask about her baby, but Rick stepped toward Maggie. 

Rick and Maggie shared an awkward hug (awkward since Maggie ignored his hug earlier). "You were right, right from the start. You told us to get ready to fight. I didn't listen, and I couldn't. I can now."

Standing at the front doors of the main house of Hilltop stood Daryl Dixon. Ella faltered a bit. No one told her he was here. No one told her Daryl escaped from Negan and the Saviors. But no one else knew either, only the people of the Hilltop knew he made it back. Daryl gave her a wave, making his way down to the group. Ella watched as Rick began to cry, wiping his eyes. He was the first to hug Daryl. Daryl sniffled, a few tears falling down his face.

When they pulled away, Ella practically jumped into Daryl's arms, hugging him as tight as she could. She almost couldn't believe this was real. That he was here. He was standing here. Sobs broke the silence that fell. Ella could feel his tears squishing between their cheeks. Ella nor Daryl would admit out loud they missed each other, but this was all they needed to know they did miss each other.

____________________________

MAGGIE AND ELLA broke off from the group as they headed to Gregory's office. The females decided they'd join the discussion later, if the discussion actually dragged on for awhile. Gregory wasn't ready for war, he had to be convinced he was ready for war against the Saviors. Maggie locked the door to her bedroom once they were inside. Ella sat down on the bed, glancing around the neat room. Maggie looked at her friend, concern drenching her face. "Ella, can you be honest with me?" she asked.