lxxv. | no rest for the wicked

ARRIVING AT ALEXANDRIA, Ella and Morgan split up

ARRIVING AT ALEXANDRIA, Ella and Morgan split up. Ella ran inside the community to help and to put the dog someplace safe from walkers and from the people inside the community as Morgan was helping everyone by taking care of the semi-truck driven into the side of the Alexandrian walls. Ella had her gun out, firing it whenever someone got too close or she saw someone attacking a resident. Her priority was not to help the residents quite yet, it was to put the puppy in a safe room, stored away for a little bit which would be the clinic. She hoped Denise and Rosita would know how to take care of this puppy while she went out to help the residents of Alexandria fight these people who tore the communities walls down for the walkers they brought along to rip apart at the residents from the inside out.

Ella stormed into the clinic, aiming her gun just to be sure it wasn't one of the bad guys. She put her gun away, locking eye contact with Eugene. "Do we have formula? Any kind of formula?" she desperately questioned the people in the room, looking from Tara, to Denise, to Eugene. "Any kind of formula?! Baby formula?!" she asked them all desperately. They looked at each other. "Guys? I have a fucking puppy in my arms so I'm asking you one more time before I go out there with this puppy and kill those people to get to the food cabinet. Baby formula will be just fine if we-"

"Judith's formula would be in food cabinet. But I wouldn't recommend it." Denise grunted as she was holding down an IV to stay in place of an injured residents arm.

"Why?" Ella asked.

Eugene crossed his arms. "All puppies are lactose intolerant."

Denise looked up at Ella again after she moved Tara's hands to the bleeding wound on the resident. "We have goat milk and cow milk. That's the best you're gonna get without any issues. Use one of Judith's bottles we have in there to feed the puppy. But you will have to go back out there with the pup-"

Ella handed the puppy to Denise, taking her gun back out. "No, you take the puppy and put him somewhere safe. Eugene," she looked at the terrified man. "You're coming with me."

He shook his head. "No, no, no. I can't. I'll be better use here."

"Eugene, this is not for debate." Ella clenched her jaw, gripping the gun even tighter.

"Please-"

Ella grabbed his arm, a crazy look in her eyes, and glared him down while she dragged him out of the clinic. "Stop being a coward for crying out loud, man!" she shouted at him. She got him down the steps before she had to fire her gun at someone. She was ready to take off before she realized Eugene wasn't following her. "Come on!" she yelled at him again when he was just standing by the clinic door. He looked back at Tara and Denise. He took a deep breath before he nodded and walked down the steps. "Thank you." she whispered to him. She placed a finger on his chest. "Do you have a weapon? Anything to protect yourself with? Gun? Knife?" she asked him in a hurried manner.