Ch1 Saved but not sound

------------

 Dark ominous flashes came to her. The child felt her fear rising in her. She woke up sweating in a foreign place.

Her head rotated frequently to catch all the details of the small room, her shoulders tightened, and she slipped away from the blankets laid on her. Wait! Blankets? Why would Jellal torture, then care for her enough to put her to sleep? She then remembered the hours of the hurting. The pain in her legs as she couldn't walk because of his act. The numbness being her friend in those long hours. She wondered sometimes how so much blood dripping out could allow her to stay alive...

Painfully, her foot landed on the cold stone of the ground. She raised an eyebrow, seeing the bandages surrounding her legs. Someone did nurse her. But who? Observing the room, she concluded she wasn't in the Tower of Heaven any more. That was for sure, but where was she? Starting to panic again, a wincing door let the silhouette of a small old man enter the chamber. He demonstrated a silly smile on his head, attempting to comfort the young infant before him who was terrified. How could someone do this to a child, he himself wondered.

"So you're awake" he told her, inviting her to sit as well on the bed. "Come here child" She did as silently asked as she feared the stranger's reaction.

"Where am I?" her voice surprised the master. Such an innocent voice.

"In the guild of Fairy Tail, located in Magnolia." Makarof informed. "Do you know where it is on the map?" She shook her head unknowingly. The old man shuffled. "Well... Levy will show you if you want."

His hand fiddled in his pocket, searching for whatever. He then handed the infant a small cookie packet, giving her gently. "Eat. You stayed at least unconscious for 5 days. You must be hungry, I will ask someone to bring you supper if you want."

Kaya hesitantly made her way to the cookies, swallowing them too swiftly for a child well-nourished. That confirmed Makarof's guess. Well... that and her thin limbs, of course. The guild master could sense a magic power from the child he'd never experienced before. Something faint at first, but now he'd clearly known she was capable of becoming a sorceress. Being awake reinforced that feeling maybe.

"Do you know what a guild is, child?" he questioned the girl as she finished her last cookies in a blink of an eye. Her blue candid eyes seemed questioning him. She will indeed grow up to become a beauty, Makarof thought, maintaining a reassuring smirk on his face.

"What is it?"

"It is a place where you feel at home, with a family." The child lightened up and interrogated, excited,

"How could I enter one?"

"Well, lucky you, I happened to be a guild master, I am the one who accepts a new member in. I'm Makarof."

The infant scrunched her nose, reflecting on his words. "So you have to be a mage to enter, right?"

Makarof remarked on the smart statement of the child, still young but bright enough to realize that: "Yes, but you're even more lucky" he said, putting an arm over her shoulders. "Dear, you are a wizard too, I can feel your power peeking out from you."

Oblivious to her own reaction, Makarof did not miss the flinch the child did as he hugged her. That was definitely not normal. He would have to ask the others to be extra careful around her.

"What is your name, child?"

"I'm Kaya. Kaya Melvin." her mouth revealed.

Makarof stood up from his seat, and beamed up at Kaya. "Well, Kaya, you're welcome to join Fairy Tail as soon as you want! What do you say? Do you want to be a member of our family?"

Kaya could not be happier. The gentleness of the grandpa left her speechless at first. She never knew that sort of kindness from adults. The sole gentle behavior back then never lasted long. And she feared that this grandpa too would disappear faster than she could get a stamp of new home.

"Yes, I want it!" She hugged the grandpa back hastily. She had the same height as him, but he still was stronger than her. The old man frowned, feeling the gauntness of the child. Having raised his son and his grandson, he knew this child underwent maltreatment. He will just talk to her, and take care of her as well. Though he would have to be cautious, he suspected the child to still keep her guard up.

"So?" asked Laxus leaning at the door frame as soon as the guildmaster left her alone as she was falling into sleepiness again. Makarof frowned from the balcony over-viewing the tavern of the guild, the members were drinking all day and some were wrestling again. Children were talking to each other, and the guild master could tell from the burnt scent of wood that Natsu was brawling with Gray. Again. But he smirked, feeling that not so far away, a red-head would beat their ass as soon as a desert would be destroyed.

"She was malnourished, and she doesn't trust easily, but she's willing to enter the guild." announced grandpa.

Laxus snorted, "I hope she's not a weakling like the others."

"She's just a child Laxus, and as she overcame maltreatment, I want you to be kind to her. After all.. you are the one who saved her, and brought her here. That's the least you could do."

Laxus stood silent and crossed the door. The girl felt sleepy but did not give in to Morpheus. She feared that the old man lied to her. Any time she'd doze away, Jellal would come back to haunt her, she dreaded that the most. The girl snapped when the pace of Laxus broke the silence in the room. "Who are you?" her lips formed awkwardly. Laxus hesitated a bit but sat near her.

Her hand touched his finger. "I'm the one who brought you here." he claimed.

"What is your name?" she said.

"You can call me Laxus. And you?"

"Kaya" she responded, rubbing her eyes and sitting up on the bed.

"What happened to you?" I mean before we found you?" he questioned bluntly at the silver haired girl.

"I... I don't really want to talk about that..." Her blue eyes lowered with fright inside of them, fiddling with her fingers.

The thunder god took her hand calmly, smiling at the child: "It's okay, nobody can do you harm here. So Kaya..." he walked to the exit of the room, then turned to the young child. "You can tell me later, whenever you are ready." 

------------

------------

Thank you reader, if you didn't give up in the story. Please don't nag too much on possible writing mistakes, I'm not born an english-speaker.(*'・v・)  I did my best to correct all the mistakes and that is the finished product of two reading-editing process. (*′☉.̫☉)

Well, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, I promise it will get a lot more interesting sooner