Ch13 Fairy tail's battle

------------

The morning of the festival, Evergreen knocked on Kaya's door. A boom exploded in the inside of the room. Noises arose in the chamber and Ever wondered what was going on. Suddenly, the door opened to a sleepy Kaya rubbing her eyes to clear up her sight.

Ever smiled at the messy hair who probably was still sleeping when Ever came in. "Hello Ever!" she greeted with inelegant yawning . Kaya wore a large pull and shorts hiding all the growing curves her body was developing. Ever witnessed the mess of her chamber. Books were scattered everywhere, her bed wasn't tidied up. The fairy-queen swore to spot some left-overs on her nightstand...

"What do you want, Evergreen?" The question stank Ever as she turned the white-hair stretching his limbs sore. "I heard you wanted to see us."

That was the sole speech that evaded Evergreen. Guilt stank in her chest as she reached for her glasses.

 "Yeah... it has been a while.. but you know next time... you could just tell me in advance..."she nagged grumpily. Ever remembered the girl to be a sleepy-head, she didn't think she'd have stayed the same. It somehow seemed cute to the self-proclaimed fairy-queen.

"And don't come that early anymore, I would've liked to sleep in..." Kaya regretted a tear slipped through one eye dramatically. Ever chuckled at this level of cuteness.

"I will, I promise." Then without waiting, she removed her glasses and threw the spell at Kaya. The sleepy girl caught inattentive turned into a statue. Ever grinned in front of the cute face who didn't have time to demonstrate any surprise.

Right away, she texted Laxus through her lacrima. "That's done."

"Perfect. Now phase two can begin." allowed the lightning God. Ever cut the transmission. She observed their ancient friend's room, flopping out, she closed the door and walked to the beauty pageant.

Four hours passed since Kaya's turning into a statue, step by step crackling spread on the stone. The figure stumbled. Finally, the teen regained motion, blinking lost, she was sure that Evergreen cursed her for what seemed like seconds. Yet when her gaze landed on her clock, she discovered 4 hours flew by. She missed the beauty pageant.

Kaya put on clothes and tried to brush her hair. Deciding to head to the festival, she crossed a magical barrier on her way to the city's center. Her finger checked and she couldn't take a step back. Something was wrong. The mage hurried towards the concentration of familiar she knew too well.

"Kaya!" cried Makarof, joining the small group of mages near the stage. "What is happening, why is there a dome around the city?" she posed.

The guild-master narrowed his eyes uncovering this new matter. "You must've been frozen up by Evergreen too I suppose?" he verified, she nodded.

 "Master, what is happening? I saw smoke around the city? Has anyone attacked?"

The old man sighed and told Kaya of all that was happening. Kaya's world sank around her. The thunder god tribe imprisoned all the females of Fairy tail to prove they stuck the strongest among the members. Her heart ached thinking, Laxus held that little trust for her companion, her insecurities grew bigger upon perceiving the master's speech. She gritted her teeth, anger and pain boomed in her chest. An explosion erupted from the cathedral.

"Natsu and Gajeel are currently fighting my grandson there," he informed. Not caring about anything anymore, Kaya ran toward the location of the crash. She ignored her name being shouted at by the others. She wanted Laxus to stop all this mess. She was tired of holding up for them. Kaya felt determined to pour her heart out.

Crossing the ruins of the building, she spotted the three dragon slayer sparring. Being invisible to their eyes, she availed that time to invoke a huge spell of healing and charm on Gajeel and Natsu. Widening their eyes in awe, they turned to Kaya. "Keep focus!" she screamed out of her lungs. Laxus stopped noticing the voices of her old comrade.

She grew up since their first meeting, her aura warmed up and light surrounded the eyes and her hands. Laxus perceived the support she offered his opponent. His stern face betrayed not a feeling of pride he took for her. Her vision looked daggers towards the lightning god.

"Thanks Kaya!" grinned the iron dragon slayer and the fire dragon slayer. The energy they received healed all their wounds. Moreover, Natsu and Gajeel's powers were enhanced under the spell. Mingling their magic, they attacked unceasingly. Kaya contemplated the whole battle and noted the tiredness of the blond wizard. He started to weaken against the dragon slayers. Launching lightning everywhere, Natsu started to eat them. The white-haired teen witnessing the scene, concluded it was the end for Laxus' ruckus.

"Steel and Fire dragon's!" cried his rivals. Laxus flinched. Then Natsu jolted up the grandson's guild master, "Crimson Lotus: Fire Dragon's Fist!"

A silence fell on the damaged church. Kaya's eyes teared up as she approached the lightning dragon slayer lying on the ground, still awake but heavily wounded. Her anger stopped her from helping him. She simply stared at him with tension. "You must be disappointed are you? I was defeated by weaklings after all..."

Cut in his own speech, his cheek reddened under her slap. "You dumb-ass!" she cried sadly. Her legs sat on the cold marble. 

"You could've died and you still care about weaklings? Grow up!"

Laxus never acknowledged the temper of Kaya as she pushed her away from him. Her face frowned, her gaze lowered. "We are not weaklings Laxus, you just never cared to mix with us, falsely believing you were superior! You're just arrogant and a spoiled brat!"

Natsu and Gajeel's smirk accentuated while the young mage nagged the much older Laxus. Natsu was reassured because he knew she always held worries about why they fired her from their group when she was only a kid. He just got back what he deserved.

"You know what? Until today, I wanted to become close to you! Really Laxus! But that's over." she lied, her vision blurred due to the tears blinding her eyesight. "I hope I will get back, the man who cared enough to save a weakling in need. That was the man I admired and stood up to back then."

Her feet stumbled on herself. Gajeel helped her steady on her pace. "Thanks." she muttered embarrassed. Again, she pushed it hard on herself and had troubles staying dignified. Without more words, she left the battlefield. Fairy tail's battle ended.

Natsu who stood watching the girl disappearing outside turned to Laxus. Once in a while, the mage could show a serious face. It was what Laxus discerned, "You know, Kaya trained hard to reach your level. More than I could count times, she'd pushed herself till numbness to improve her powers... She'd never say it out loud, but we all understood that all she wanted was to stay close to the Raijinshû, and especially... to you."

He paused checking if Laxus cared, "You shattered her heart today. The only reason I don't beat you right now is that she already slapped you. Somehow she decided it was enough."

Natsu's feet rolled away, his back in front of the Thunder God, his voice raised in the ruins. "You have to apologize to her one day. And I know for sure... she doesn't resent you. Typical of her!"

 Typical of her!"

------------

Hope you liked that chapter because I had so much fun writing it. Like seriously how she stood up for herself and finally expressed how he was a dumbass. 

Anyway, I hope you appreciated that chapter as much as I liked writing it and let's see the rest then.