Ch12 Some questions left

------------

Akane's vacation flipped through swiftly. Erza made out for the time they lost through the years. I avoided them since I only knew them from afar as a child. Plus I did not want to reminisce about the past. Past was invented to remain in the past. Since the tower of heaven no longer existed, I was at ease, I am now out of danger. I felt light-headed, evidently one thought kept running through my mind. Why would Jellal had torture me compared to all my peers? Sensing my confusion, Titania faced me in the carriage on our way back to Magnolia.

"Kaya? Is everything okay? You're usually more talkative." she remarked. I fiddled with my fingers clumsily.

"I still think of all of that... you know why me? Jellal offered peace to everyone except me... I don't understand!" My voice was a bit angry. Why would my childhood self deserve that?

Erza caressed my cheek with care, all the others either slept through the travel or drove the carriage. "I don't know personally the reasons for Jellal, but Simon entrusted to me his thoughts on that matter... He thinks you have a power that Jellal dreaded. Something you have no knowledge of having..."

My head filled with questions. Why would my power threaten even a powerful dark guild? I promised to pursue studies on that matter. Back in Magnolia I will ask Freed's help for my searches.

Mages from Fairy tail sauntered in Magnolia, crashing into their headquarters. A little white-haired tomboy wandered in the guild seeking for the help of one special skilled enchanter. Kaya found Makarof sitting on the bar cheering while enjoying his beverage.

She advanced carefully among the drunken wizards, and bowed to him, "Did you see the Thunder God tribe lately?" she questioned.

"No they went on an s-class mission, they won't be here to help to prepare the Harvest festival!" he mulled over all grumpy. "That little brat!"

Focusing back all his attention on his child, the master asked perplexed, "Weren't you dispelled from their team Kaya?" her face transformed due to her own embarrassment.

"It is not for that! I want Freed's help for my studies. I need to research something."

Makarof raised an eyebrow thoughtfully. "You could still ask Levy." He informed her.

"I know but she's occupied by the beauty pageant. I don't want to bother. That can wait..."

The master nodded comprehensively. "If you say so my child, I believe you. Good luck in your research, I'll inform Freed of your request."

Just like that, Kaya gave in and just took a solo mission for the day to gain a little reward. She wanted to spare to buy books on her own. She noticed one in that bookshop that attracted her interest. A good premonition led her to think she detained a clue to a major and priceless information. She shuffled investigating her purse, her possession required much more work to afford that book. Let's hope it will be useful! Filled with might, she trudged to the train-station, hurrying to achieve more missions possible.

Helping scarcely for the Harvest festival preparations, Kaya did most missions she could alone. She abandoned the guild floor, her goal focused on that book she needed the information inside of it and she resolved herself to buy it. For the final day, Kaya chose to show up for her friend's contest.

She failed at crossing the Thunder God Tribe's path, recently they avoided Fairy Tail more than frequently. That was suspicious even to Laxus' grandfather. Only his sbires would present themselves, but only for a short amount of time, enough to select a quest and stamping it by Mirajane. Much to Kaya's disappointment, she tried to talk with one of them. Yet, only Bickslow agreed to spend more than five minutes with her. Only to avoid her curious gaze and answer by restrained words.

"Do you plan on going to the Harvest Festival with the guys?" She was truly interested. She'd wished for them to meet again. A hint got her to think they were planning something. Something truly evil, but Kaya brushed that thought away. She knew them even if they weren't as close now. They are not able to cause that trouble.

"We will, but only Ever will take part in it..." he spouted desperately trying to flee away. What hurt Kaya the most wasn't not the shortened responses, but mostly the secret they hid. They noticed the tomboy held too many questions.

"Why won't you participate!" she replied sheepishly. "Your minions would amaze all that crowd!" she beamed up childishly. Bickslow's guilt deepened but he came back to the real sense of their project.

"I know it's a regret... I have to go now." He began to walk away, when his minions intimated him to spare her only one last eye. "We will see again in two days!" he waved her goodbyes and stormed out of the building.

Bickslow recalled the talk they had on the young teen back then. "So that is the entire plan." stated Laxus. "You're in?"

Freed and Bickslow accepted without hesitation, whereas Ever scowled. "I'm okay with freezing all the contestants. But Kaya...!"

Bickslow agreed with Ever, the light-mage shouldn't be frozen. For the sake of their old friendship, she'd be devastated when she'll learn what they did to her. Laxus grimaced annoyed, rubbing his fist against his hand.

"I know but I can't include her in the fights, so she has to be far from the battle. At least for most of it! I don't want a child getting in the way during the battlefield."

Evergreen gave in and she proposed to find her before all the operation the morning of the festival. She would stone the short white locks before the contest at Fairy Hills. Laxus didn't like to put her in all this mess. Nonetheless, it has to be done. The lightning dragon slayer was sick of all those weaklings in the guild whining about harsh requests and yearning for money. In his opinion, they tainted the reputation of the fairies. He was more than convinced that it was his own destiny to clean up Fairy tail. Deep within him, his only wish stood for Kaya to stay safe away. The light-mage will stay in the guild as she profited the fight and her healing constituted a useful tool for him. The future master of Fairy tail.

 The future master of Fairy tail

------------

I know the picture used is a fanart of Lisanna and Bickslow, but I thought it would fit great with the context 

As you may have noticed the chapters concern the Battle of Fairy Tail, if you don't like that arc, don't worry Kaya won't participate as much in the Battle. But if you want to skip that part, I advise you to continue on Chapter 14