Ch3 Peculiar gift of healing

------------

 "Ready?" confirmed a pink-haired dragon slayer, slamming his wrist. "I'm all on fire." A young mage grinned. It has been some time since she officially became part of team Natsu, Kaya still does missions on her own or with her guild-mates. But she has to admit, she liked taking jobs with them the most.

"Ready as I'll ever be." she chanted back, excited. Wrestling was her favorite way to train because she could already test her new techniques thus improving them in real combat. She was not as skilled as Erza. Kaya was however strong enough to brawl with Natsu or Gray without getting too many injuries. Of course, Makarof would observe their wrestles thoroughly to avoid some bad accidents. He wouldn't bear another Polyusica's lessons on security.

Natsu shouted, "Fire dragon's roar!"

Kaya dodged a bit of the attack and invoked her power: "Light of purification: Burst." The battling field was blinded by an overwhelming illumination. Natsu being blinded for a few seconds, she took advantage of it to move closer and give him a strike in the abdomen.

Yet, Natsu gripped her forearm and smirked: "I told you I wasn't going to go easy on you. Dragon's Claw!"

The attack scratched her shoulder, but she didn't mind. She fled from his grip, and she formed light balls she threw at the dragon slayer, leaving slight burns on his skin. He went farther away, and Kaya started to get too confident, then wanted to try a new technique. The girl stopped throwing things and charged her power to irradiate: "Angelic power: irradiation".

Unfortunately, before I could make it explode on Natsu, he stroked first, "Fire Dragon's wing!" Kaya took the assault on full force. And it was that powerful that she collapsed, tipsy, and had a bruise forming on her cheek.

Erza and the others, observing carefully the fight, Titania sighed. Secretly, she was impressed by the young girl. She was six years younger than Natsu, but could already inflict some damage by knocking into him. Makarof turned to Erza, breathing out, seeing the girl laying on the ground.

"What do you think of it, child?" Erza blinked.

"She will make a great S-class mage in the future. But she has to improve a bit."

Makarof agreed, pointing out the new attack Kaya had almost unleashed, "I wonder what she intended to throw next at Natsu... Well, I suppose we'll see it next time, maybe."

Natsu saw the damage he did, and immediately freaked out: "Oh my god! Kaya! You're alright?" He took her and started to shake her like a tree.

"Natsu! That's enough!" ordered Makarof angrily. "Gray, take her to the infirmary."

Without a word, Kaya was transported to Polyusica and woke up half an hour later, grunting at the pain. Nevertheless, she felt satisfied with her training when she spotted Natsu having his lower belly holding a bruise. I improved, she thought, content.

"Natsu did not go easy on you." remarked Ice boy from the side of the room. Indeed, her arm was scratched, and her left cheek turned purple from the wrestle. But Kaya didn't mind, there weren't that many different ways to progress.

"That's not that bad." she lied to Gray, grinning and attempting to get up to join the other in the tavern. "I want a milkshake. And a cookie" she added as if her wounds were nothing. Gray rolled his eyes and followed her.

"At least, this time, you offered the Salamander a trace of the brawl. And you're always hungry..." Gray stroked her hair proudly as she held a satisfied expression.

She reached the front of the bar and put on her act of puppy eyes. "Mira? Can I have a vanilla milkshake and a cookie, please?" Back then, she discovered that Mira couldn't refuse her request and could even let her have it freely. Kaya who noticed these abilities, had no refrain from doing it, much to everyone's amusement.

"It was an incredible fight" congratulated Erza putting her hand fiercely on Kaya's shoulders. "Next time, take care of your surroundings." Kaya acknowledged it and sat next to Erza. Titania was tasting her usual strawberry shortcake. Both discussed as their friends started to argue about who should fight next. Natsu grimaced at the side of the table as Wakaba and Makao mocked him for receiving a bruise.

He'd never state it out loud, but Kaya was strong for her age, and he may have underestimated her. But he won't repeat this mistake twice. Hearing the muttering from Natsu, Kaya felt bad for bruising him, so she approached handing him a second cookie she stole swiftly from the bar.

"Can I try something to help you?" she asked innocently. Natsu glanced at her, but let the younger mage put her hand on his bruise. Closing her eyes and invoking her magic, the dragon slayer almost jumped when he sensed magic coming into him. Everyone stopped and witnessed the effect of Kaya's magic. The bruise on Natsu disappeared totally.

All were flabbergasted in front of the gift she revealed. When she opened her eyes, the purplish skin returned fully healed. Kaya beamed, excited as she succeeded. All the guild jumped in surprise, "You could do that all along?" asked Wakaba who remained speechless.

Makarof brightened, "Our Kaya is a gift from the sky! Cheer to our new healer!" he winked at Kaya giving her a piece of cake as she deserves it for curing her nakama.

From a corner of the guild, a quiet team inspected the scene with surprise, but they were more restrained. Evergreen grinned like a Cheshire cat, "our Kaya will do great things! After all..." she rolled her head towards Laxus who observed the scene quietly, "she was your protégée."

Freed and Bickslow agreed, catching the view of Kaya dancing on her feet trying to thank everyone, redness reached her cheeks as she hated being the center of attention. Evergreen always thought that was the reason the young girl wouldn't try a makeover or wear a dress. Much to the so-called fairy-queen's disappointment.

Bickslow laughed at the embarrassment of the child. "She's going to grow even more powerful! Maybe more powerful than you, Ever" he nagged, liking to tease his comrade. That was an endless war between them

The thunder God tribe even from afar would care for their member and admires the progress she achieved so far. Laxus let a tiny smile forming his lips. Being the more cold one, he wouldn't say anything about it, but he was proud of his recruit. Somehow, the happiness of the kid would warm up his frozen heart. That was all he wanted, that she grew up happy, and she couldn't take part in his own scheme. If Laxus kept dark schemes, he held at least enough morals to not include a child in it. 

-----------

-----------

Thank you for still reading. Please don't comment on the names. I hope the story is still good enough. I would gladly accept critics if you have any. If it's cringe, I apologize now (,~_~,)

I hope you got the reference of Rapunzel in the fight with Natsu (^-^)