Ch18 Disappearance

------------

 "Huh huh, so you want help to learn more about your powers?" Freed agreed, the thunder god tribe turned stupefied at the sudden request.

The group grinned to one another, Evergreen clapped from overjoy. "Then it's settled, let's go to the library!"

The self-proclaimed fairy-queen dreaded that the teenager would still hate them. Nonetheless, Kaya chose to rebuild the ties she had with the Raijijnshû. The day was perfect for playing the library rat. Rains poured without pauses on Magnolia, some comrades even questioned Juvia's state of mind. However the water-mage had left the city two days ago for a long mission. Something snapped as the group prepared to go to the underground library of Fairy tail. The action, which normally takes seconds, seemed to take many days. The members of the guild all perceived the change in the air.

The space froze for what the mages felt for ages. Natsu and his friends pushed the doors open, a huge expression of relief mounted up their faces. "We did it!" shouted Natsu euphoric. The team jolted, Lucy embraced Kaya without waiting. "We feared we were going to another world!"

Confusion waved through the crowd of wizards. Team Natsu took the time to explain thoroughly. Gajeel even agreed with the Salamander that startled everyone. The team awoke into a new dimension similar to Earthland, called Edolas. Where the guild was a clandestine guild. Titania was the fairy's killer. The story developed on until the creak of the wooden door announced the appearance of a new person.

Kaya raised her gaze to the door, Elfman and Mirajane accompanied by a new face. The woman had the same blue eyes as Mira, she shared the same white hair as the other siblings. "I'm home everyone!" the person cheered innocently.

"Lisanna!" The whole guild members screamed appalled. Elfman sobbed happily as his younger sister stood alive back home. Makarof cried, admiring the matured woman who disappeared years ago. Kaya could finally put a face on her name.

She arrived in Fairy Tail only some months after the mage's presumed death. She waited for the people to calm down to greet Lisanna for the first time. Much smaller than the woman, she smiled confidently. "Nice to meet you, I'm Kaya."

Lisanna bowed to her and smiled back, "Thanks for taking care of the guild."

Some days passed since the return of Lisanna, Freed and the groups greatly helped Kaya with her research. They got more tracks to explore throughout their search. Freed suspected that their comrade possessed angelic powers. He, therefore, preferred to mention this possibility alone with the first concern.

"If my guess is true, you'd have more ease with defeating demons." he revealed to Kaya who listened carefully to Freed's hypothesis. Kaya believed the hunch of Freed. He wasn't the type to hypothesize without reflection.

"Then I'm going to test it right away," the girl decided.

Evergreen watched the mage paced away to the request board, before vanishing from the building. "Shouldn't we follow her?" She was worried. "A demon is tough to defeat too!"

"No, she'll be okay." reassured Bickslow, his minions repeated the words of his master. "I think that's going to be perfect for her to progress, and at least, maybe become less reckless."

"Laxus will be thrilled to learn that she's doing good!" said Ever with wonder. Bickslow grinned, his tongue displaying his emblem.

"I find her rather peaceful lately! I don't know what it is but she's less tense than before." he pointed out. Freed agreed, a flash of the infant aroused in his mind, Laxus rescuing on the beach that day.

"I can't wait to know if she's going to make it!" sighed Evergreen ready to follow the young miss.

Bickslow stopped her a bit, bothered. "Wait, the master is going to announce the selection for S-class exams!" he moaned.

"Oh! That's right!" she sat reminiscing about the date. "I hope I will get chosen. It's about time I surpass Erza!" she claimed pridefully. Freed changed the subject, secretly hoping Kaya wouldn't miss the exams because of her absence. Unfortunately, he was right. The mage didn't even get to bid them farewell since she was occupied on a mission.

Kaya waited in the train, thinking back about the beast she took down. Lucy told her one time how tearing down a demon was a tough thing to achieve. Kaya took less than an hour. When she came back to Magnolia, she found the guild calmer than usual. She approached Makao questioningly.

"Where is everyone? Did we get attacked again?" Makao smirked amused at Kaya's way of thinking.

"No, the guys went to Tenrou Island for the s-class exams. You missed the selection by the way."

The light mage's eyebrows raised in confusion. "But how do wizards get selected?" Wakaba exhaled a lump of smoke, "No, this year, the selected could have a duo to compete." he answered.

Kaya nodded, commanding a milkshake from Kinana. "I see, when do they come back?"

Makao rubbed his chin, "In two weeks normally, if the guild doesn't get into trouble."

Little did Kaya know that the two promised weeks would take much more time. Furthermore, among the Magic Underground World, the rumor spread about the existence of an angelic mage, capable of annihilating demons and dark forces. Words traveled to a point where dark guilds would learn about that mage's name. To their advantage, the main powerful part of her guild disappeared into thin air, allowing the dark forces to send some people to end her...

After months of searching and the bankruptcy of Fairy Tail, Makao made a speech to everyone in a dark tone, "From now on, we will move the guild to the other side of Magnolia. And I am the new guild master until they returned."

The search ended with those words. Kaya was angered, she cried to sleep the very same night as her friends were not there. She hated Makao for abandoning the research, yet one day, she overheard Wakaba's comment to his best friend, "You mean you pursued the search knowing there wasn't any money left!"

Kaya fainted to ignore their discussion, secretly concentrating on their hushed voices. "Shhh! Someone could hear you!"

"Fairy tail is left with nothing! It's normal to be furious!" exclaimed Wakaba, inhaling a cigar. "How could you do this?"

Makao's face distorted, he lowered his gaze, therefore, everyone noticed the tears escaping his eyes. He wiped it away, "We will survive this, and one day, they'll come back." he promised, taking a huge sip of beer.

" he promised, taking a huge sip of beer

------------

So the 1st part of the book is officially finished. It was called Growth. I guess you can understand why. Don't be sad the second will be released today with the two other chapters I owe you. 

Thank you readers to give this story a chance, Don't hesitate to hit the like button because I want to know if you liked that story and that poor writing of mine.