Ch11 The defeated and the livings

------------

Gray, Kaya and Simon were separated from their friends during the fights against the trinity raven. They fought against the howl warrior. The weird humanoid ate Natsu when they arrived on point. Kaya assisted the ice princess by enchanting his power.

Simon stood close to the young girl afraid that she wouldn't be able to defend herself. Yet the shadow singer perceived clearly the awakening of her light power. Something in his gut affirmed that this power was way more than just light magic.

"You're alright?" she checked on the tall guy laying on the cages of the room. They are located in prisons. Gray requested to fight alone with the howl-guy, furthermore Kaya acknowledged she would turn into a burden right after launching an advanced spell.

"Yes. Don't worry for me. Do you think he'll win?" Simon did aim his gaze at Gray.

Kaya shrugged proudly with her companion. "He'll be fine, after all we are from Fairy Tail and on the opposite of Natsu, Gray analyzes situations. I trust him."

Simon warmed at the eyes filled with confidence of Kaya. "You changed." his words let slip out of his mouth. Kaya flinched and snickered bitterly,"You too."

The ancient comrade silenced, Kaya grew up far from the shy scared girl of the tower. A great aura betrayed the teen's abilities. She was too mature for her age even though she faked some silly joke to look her age. That demonstrated the pain she went through in the past. Simon boasted, proud of her overcoming in a way the past. Beyond everything, Kaya was among the younger infants kidnapped there. She was only three when she was brought here. Eventually, it helped her forget easily her bygone childhood, even her own parents.

Finally, the ice wizard vanquished the skull's assassin. Natsu fell from his maw. His body was covered in gastric flow. Kaya choked at the horrid smell and almost puked from it much to Happy's entertainment. A shaking drove the groups to lose stability. An ignition of magic encircled the building and its guest.

"They sent the Aetherion to annihilate the place!" shouted Gray shoving Kaya to run faster to jump right into the ocean.

Natsu and Happy flew away as well but Happy came back sobbing at Natsu hopping into the Jellal's floor, but Simon did not follow, "I want to help Erza, you all go out! Now!" he flopped back into the monument. Kaya's heart tightened.

"Kaya we must leave!" ordered Gray glancing from time to time worriedly to his friend. She stopped in her race, and grinned at Gray and Happy.

"I can't. I want to help Erza, however I can!" She turned hastily, not letting her family stop her. She heard her name being called desperately. 

The voices fainted as she sank to the height of the tower. Her feet led her to the overwhelming power slashing in waves against each other. Her breath itched, her motion slowed down as she came closer to the said floor. Her skin was covered in goosebumps. A dark magic overwhelmed the space and the air. Her whole being was threatened by that magic. Instinctively, she cast powers in her chest, releasing her huge amount of energy. The demoniac presence left immediately.

Observing the scene, she found Natsu over Erza's body, embracing her. A blue haired wizard with a red mark on his face has collapsed to the ground, the dragon slayer did defeat him. Both of her comrades, she kneeled to them. Seeing her tormentor beaten to death. Her weight was lifted from her shoulders, she'd no longer have the nightmare of returning here. "Erza, we did it! We are totally free today."

Placing her hands, she chanted a spell, her friends healed in a flash. Kaya searched for Simon who vanished into thin air. Except, the sorcerer stood dead in the corner of the battlefield. Kaya's features distorted, she let out a soundless scream. Natsu joined the girl in a hug.

"He died protecting us." She cried, a look towards Jellal, she explored the consequences of a potential murder. Yet Erza caught her limb and shook her head.

"Do not become a monster like him."

Those words reached Kaya's heart, she slipped to the crystal floor, screaming as tears cascaded her sight. It hurt, nonetheless the light mage really believed she'd kill him in the instant. She feared her inner self for even thinking of acting. "Let's go back! Go back to our happiness!" Natsu cheered and roused us up.

I forgot all the rough events and just beamed gleefully. "Aye!" 

------------

------------

Hey guys, I'm back, sorry for the quality of the picture I don't have a pencil concepted for my laptop so it's a bit difficult to transform the image. 

Just a reminder of what looks like Kaya in my mind. you're still free to imagine her with other representations. 

Get ready for the four following chapters, dear readers.