Ch25 'I almost found her'

------------

The week passed quickly, the third day announced some change in the energy of the GMG, nothing suspicious appeared in the arena that Kaya perceived, an exception made for Raven Tail's guild. Through their match, Kaya decided to head straight into their resting chamber to confirm the sudden rise of dark energy. She hushed, fortunately, the bracelet did not impeach her to feel the magic around her.

Wearing the staff's uniform, her long hair was styled into a low bun, hidden behind a cap, she took multiple cautions to not stand out among the workers. Pushing her cleaning chariot to the stand, she made as little noise as possible. Checking no one remained in the room, she entered the room, looking for anything suspicious. Strange armors were displayed on the tables, artifact amplifying powers, a lacrima full of magic, books of forbidden magic. That was enough for Kaya to have enough clues. A hunch testified that the fraudulent guild wasn't the sole group who acted fishy.

Exiting the room, she closed the door, she did not touch anything, only observing, Kaya was the most strict not to move anything, the enemies don't need to suspect a spy who snitches into their space.

Running farther away from their tent, Kaya sighed and was reassured her actions went smoothly. She removed the cap on her head, tucking a few strings of hair behind her ears. "What a pain! I need to get back to Jellal, now!"she sighed

Sensing the footsteps arriving towards her way, she stumbled on her feet, she had to tidy her chariot up. 

"Can you believe it! Mirajane slayed Jenny in a fraction of second!" exclaimed a familiar jester's voice. Kaya closed her eyes, avoiding the mages on the side of the hallway, she paced faster after crossing past the group of wizards.

"That's true" pursued Freed, stating his observation. "She's truly amazing, huh? Don't you think so Laxus?"

Upon hearing the Thunder God Tribe, Kaya flinched before continuing her track to the staff quarters. "Earth to Laxus, are you here?"

Kaya risked to watch the back of the Raijinshû when she crossed eyesight with the dragon slayer. Attempting her best to mask her stunned expression, she turned back too tensed to react normally. "Is everything okay, Laxus?" worried Freed, while following the gaze of his leader.

"Who is this?" he asked with interest, Laxus grinned with pride, turning his pace to the cleaning lady, who rushed to an exit.

Laxus ran after the stranger, that white hair seemed far too suspicious, he had to make sure. Kaya hushed to the nearest stairs, and disappeared in it, leaving her chariot right in the middle of the track. Laxus searched everywhere, no woman could be spotted. Laxus came back to his friends who followed him with worries.

"What was that?" threw Evergreen, raising her glasses with a pointed look.

Laxus shuffled, concerned by the weird woman fleeing away. The situation seemed to repeat itself. "I thought it was her." he confessed to the amazement of his team.

"You really think it is her?" interrogated Ever, a glint of hope lighted up her eyesight. The fairy-queen wished to meet her. All at once, three wizards faced Bickslow with bright eyes. Bickslow smirked, to his joy, his tongue demonstrated the emblem of the fairies.

"Alright, alright, I will confirm this." he promised, he will survey the staff, and follow the weird worker to confront her. He didn't mention it back then, yet, Bickslow already knew where Kaya lived. He contained a huge outburst, as he recognized the soul of his old friend, trying to lower the attention on her. It was cute of her, to think the great Laxus couldn't feel her.

"Yeah, I don't think it was her..." Evergreen scowled with her lips tight.

Laxus had been nothing but relieved by glimpsing at the white hair, bouncing off the stairs. She looked fine to him, he hoped his senses didn't mess it all up. He regretted that his eyes did not pay more attention to his surroundings. The stranger used the time-span of surprise to quit the place.

"That's right," replied Freed, who seemed aghast at the worker's attitude. "We would've sensed her powers normally..."

Laxus glanced at the chariot, the only thing that did not fit was the lack of magic in the stranger. Back then, Kaya possessed a magical aura noticeable by every sorcerer, that made no sense. Laxus shrugged, maybe it was all his imagination. Bickslow will confirm their worries later in the night.

 Bickslow will confirm their worries later in the night

------------

Yes they finally caught sight of each other  ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)ノ

Really I do like too much the plot and their mutual relationship to each other.