Ch9 Akane vacations

------------

Someday later, Lucy arrived in the guild, chuckling weirdly while showing her new zodiac key. Wind brought me the rumor of something's happening to Loki the night before. Well, a certain blue cat came to report it to me early in the morning.

"Zodiac key: open Loki" she ordered. A bright gleam blinded the room. All at once, a familiar person appeared. "Hello everyone!" A manly voice cheered. I thrust from my chair, then shoved into the spirit to hug him. My head is buried in his suit, shamefully wetting his clothes. I sniffed.

"Loki? What is happening here?" asked Erzac followed by the astonishment of his mates. The high spirit explained everything in detail. The whole guild was shaken by the mention of his tough past. Some were even tearing already. I finished my hug and let him breathe.

Even though I doubted that a spirit needed any air in the first place. "So you're okay now?"

The classy boy beamed, lifting me as if I was a princess. "Yes, thanks to you, dear."

"I'm not your dear." I scoffed proudly. Lucy rolled her eyes amused.

"Maybe one day, you'll be someone's." Happy tickled. "But it likely won't happen with your hard temper..."

I freed myself from Loki's arms, trying to capture that flying cat. "Come back, you little piece of S***!" Most mages burst into laughter. Well, I was definitely not a lady.

Loki searched into his pocket, and placed 5 tickets in Lucy's hand. "It is thanks to both of you! Please enjoy!" Before going back to the Celestial realm, he came to me a last time, setting his hand on my head, he grinned, "Please stay the same tender hearted girl." I accepted, then in the blink of an eye, the man disappeared into an ignition.

"So I suppose we deserve a trip to Akane then." I announced clumsily. I hid it, but I was thrilled to visit that place I wanted so much to go to the beach. Likewise, I never visited that place apart from back then. I couldn't stay in place. I stopped my little happy stomping as I caught the stare of Laxus' group, discussing apart from the guild. I went out, not sparing more time to them. I still held a grudge against Laxus for not helping us during Phantom Lord's battle. Mirajane one day strangely pointed out that the Thunder God visited me during my long sleep. Whatever! If he wanted us safe and sound, he could've taken action.

My gaze lowered to the ticket in my hand, my joy bounced back. I ran to Fairy Hills to prepare my suitcase for vacation.

Splashing through water, diving into the ocean, running on the beach, volleyball parties and delicious restaurants. Summer days passed like seconds. I was sleeping in a deckchair fronting the sea when Lucy came to take me to the casino. She insisted I'd dress more classy, so I just put on an oversize shirt. She frowned at my outfit, yet she left it as it is.

"I'm going to avert Erza, you can join Gray, Natsu and Happy, they already went to bet money." I nodded my way to the gambling house.

"Kaya" a voice called behind.

Gray was leaning on the bar, surrounded by girls who flirted with him. He grinned at all the strangers, his arms hugging the younger mage. "I'm sorry girls, but my date has come." he shuffled, falsely sad. What a player!

A crowd of gorgeous women sent me daggers through their eyes. If looks could kill, I would be dead by now. I faked being close to Gray until we were left alone. I sighed, deceived. "You could just politely reject their offer, you know."

He shrugged, amused at my redness. I hated all that attention from that many people. "Well, you'll understand one day, since you're going to be a beauty. People will annoy you so much." He paused his hand on her head as she had a petite frame from him. "I can't wait to see that." He laughed alone.

"Come on! That's not funny, ice boy!" I pushed off his hand, uncomfortable. A gaze pointed daggers into my back, I fluttered, wondering who it could be. The blue-haired woman wore a blue dress and a huge symbol of Fairy Tail ornate her necklace.

"Juvia!" Gray let out, surprised.

"You know her?"

"She was the Phantom Lord's one of the elementals." he replied.

Juvia paced forward, smiling shyly, ignoring me. "I'm no longer a member of Phantom Lord, Juvia is an independent wizard now." She is speaking of herself in the third person?

"You are a water mage, right?" Juvia looked in my direction rather weirdly. I shook that feeling off my shoulder and sat next to Gray. I lit up looking at Gray. "So what should we play at?"

Both shrugged indifferently. "Come'on, guys, we're leaving soon!" Gray breathed out thoughtfully and turned to gambling. All at once, a stranger in a weird mask advanced toward us.

"Gray Fullbuster, right?" Ice boy tensed a bit on his guard.

"Who's asking?" He walked in front of me, blocking the new man's way.

"Simon... But it doesn't matter, I just want to know where Erza is. He furrowed his eyebrows at Gray's conduct and glanced at me. This man felt familiar somehow, yet I couldn't reminisce where I had seen him before.

He obviously reminisced, too, since his eyes widened at me. "You..."

Straight away, the light went off and darkness surrounded the place. The man placed his finger on his forehead, seeming out of our conversation. "What is going on!" moaned Gray.

Juvia walked closer to the ice mage, and I invoke my power to cast light upon the hall. The guy's eye reddened and his mouth moved, "So you got her huh, I had a surprise too. You know, Kaya's in front of me"

His comment expressed no emotion, his stare froze me up in place. "Do I bring her too?" a silence broke."No? Okay, I'm on my way. Just wait a second."

A clap of his fingers sent us away in an explosion. Water covered my being and I turned to Juvia who was hugging Gray at the same time. We waited for him to leave. I held my breath, since there was no air underwater. When he disappeared, Juvia let out her spell and I inhaled painfully.

My head started to feel dizzy. It was happening. I knew where I saw that man before. A past I wanted to forget. But he told someone else he had Erza, that sent shivers down my spine. They captured Titania. History repeats itself. My breath became jerky, I was on the verge to puke.

"Hey everything's okay?" Juvia questioned, breaking down my train of thoughts.

My voice hurts to speak, I stand up, avoiding the questioning looks of Gray and Juvia. "We need to find Lucy and Natsu. Right now."

Gray blocked my arm, his stern expression petrified. His hand squeezing my arm scared me even more. "No, you need to tell us what is happening. Why did this man know you and why did they capture Erza?".

My vision lowered to my feet. I was hopeless, "I don't know why they captured Erza especially. I might have an explanation. For the rest, I will tell you when we will find Natsu and Lucy." My dried voice started as I freed myself from his hand.

I sent him a cold glare. "Do not EVER do that." pointing at my bruised arm. 

------------

------------

Hey guys, I thought it would be interesting to give you an idea of Kaya's outfit in the casino. Hope you like it, there's one chapter left before the new set on saturday.