Ch26 Bickslow in action

------------

Kaya sat in the staff's changing room, she was scolded deeply by the chief for abandoning her tools right in the center of the hall. She didn't mind since it wasn't her real job. But Kaya hated being the center of attention in front of the other staff members. She waited for everyone to leave, before changing in her own outfit, a long blue sundress, covering the back of her legs.

The former Fairy tail member detested the idea of showing the scars she has being a child. So she usually covered it with long pants or long skirts. Letting her long hair fall loose on her back and thigh, she took her bag, pacing out of the Domus Flau.

"Huh, I can't wait to go back to the restaurant. I wonder how Lorine and Oklar are doing..." She stretched her limbs tired from all the cleaning she had to undergo.

Since she left the arena, Kaya kept an uncanny feeling. She hurried on her way home, but the person was still following. Having a precise knowledge of the city, she decided to walk in the narrow streets, she shuffled comforted when no one was on her back anymore. She turned in the lane, only to gasp in panic.

"Hello!" beamed a masked wizard, accompanied by his floating minions.

"Oh my god! You almost had me attacked, sir." Kaya exhaled while maintaining an unfazed expression, whereas on the inside, her blood tension was rising to new records.

"Sir? You'd never called me sir before, that's new." he chuckled. Bickslow beguiled even more amused by the situation. His powers confirmed that it was Kaya, no one could conceal its own soul.

"I don't know what you're talking about, sir." she denied, avoiding his vision. Bickslow's smirk broadened, his teeth were displayed.

"Cut the crap, I know you, Anya. Or should I say instead Kaya?" he questioned with his dolls echoing his speech. She hesitated, but the mage cut her in her thoughts.

"Give up, my magic revealed your true nature from the very first time." he informed her, he smiled at the frowning face she revealed. Her cute features seemed so innocent, the freckles sprinkled on the nose to her cheeks. Her deep blue eyes rounded up because of his words.

"Fine," she gave in. "I must've known you could do that. I forgot." she pouted, fiddling with her fingers. Bickslow noted that, even though she looked like an adult, she still kept her old childish habits. She looked more feminine than the last time he saw her in Magnolia. But she was still Kaya in the end.

"Don't you think you owe me an explanation?" Bickslow checked, passing his arm on her shoulder. She wanted to send him away, yet Polyusica's words reflected on her. I can't run anymore.

"Okay, let's walk to my apartment then." She accepted, Bickslow will have his way one or another to find her. She'd better think of a way for him to shut up about her.

"Where do I begin?" Kaya sighed with a deceived voice. Bickslow became more serious, clacking his tongue against his palate.

"Well, what happened after our disappearance on Tenrou Island?" he asked, Kaya could definitely remark on his chin tightening.

"You must know that Makao exiled me after threats endangered Fairy Tail." the woman turned to the possession mage, he looked too serious compared to his old behavior.

"We heard of that, Laxus almost killed that old man when he heard what he'd done!" He exclaimed, the corner of his lips raising at this mention.

"I quickly joined Jellal and Crime sorcière after that, they helped us a lot when you disappeared. So I chose to join them since they operated in secret, we traveled all over Fiore and destroyed many dark guilds through the years." I enlightened, glimpsing from time to time to Bickslow who waited patiently.

"Did you visit Fairy Tail with them? Like you did months ago?" he demanded with interest. I shook my head, "No, I couldn't risk blowing up my cover. Besides, I just wanted to see it, I couldn't just believe the news..."

Kaya blinked, realizing what Bickslow highlighted a moment ago, her mouth fell open in shock, "You knew I was there?"

The Raijinshû's member nodded, his grin grew larger; "Of course! What do you think of me! I'm not one to be tricked by some lame seal!" he pouted, his minions assured he was the best. Kaya couldn't stop from rolling her eyes. She knew his minions were the reflection of his own thoughts.

"Since no one, except Laxus heard me, I thought I stood unnoticed back then..." she murmured, lowering her chin to the ground. Bickslow leveled up her head with his hand, forcing her to look into his eyes. "Why didn't you come to greet us with your flowers?"

Her face blushed hardly, her finger gently pushed away the wizard's hand. "So you know about that..." Her voice trembled, Kaya never found herself so embarrassed. Red mounted on her skin. She felt the heat on her skin.

"You could've signed the paper." he threw at her, her awkward attitude entertained even more the jester.

"I wasn't ready." she confessed with a low tone, frowning before her own cowardice. Bickslow pinched her rounded cheek. "Ouch!" she slapped his fingers. "That hurts!"

"Don't frown like that, you'll ruin that beautiful face of yours," he joked. She grimaced in front of the comment. "So what happened for you to work at the Domus Flau? Or live in Crocus?"

Kaya beamed in an understanding glimmer, "It was your minions that time too!" she pointed her finger at him accusingly.

"Yes, I'm everywhere, so answer my question?"

Kaya narrowed her eyes, scrunching her nose. "I got tired of traveling, I wanted a home, and a real bed. Since I liked Crocus a lot, I found a job and got an apartment here. It has been 2 years since."

Bickslow understood, they approached her flat, hesitating to go up to her floor. She stopped in front of Bickslow. "I know I'm in the wrong. Polyusica told me you all searched for me those past six months... but, I'm afraid of what will happen if I take back my identity and my old life. I don't want Fairy Tail to be in danger because of me."

Kaya refrained from crying, nevertheless, Bickslow encircled his arms around her body. Her head touched his chest, the mage perceived tears anchoring his clothes. She was a bit smaller than Evergreen, Bickslow stood silent, rubbing her back with prudence. Laxus would be sick if he heard I did that, he smirked ashamedly. Kaya calmed down, her skin which remained pale normally turned red and puffy.

Bickslow stroked the top of her head, "I won't say anything to the others." he assured her. "But sooner or later, you'll have to come back. You can still visit us before the end of the games. We will be in the Honeybone, if you're ready."

"And what if I am not ready?" she tensed, wiping the rest of the tears on her face.

"I will give your address to Laxus, and everyone will visit you." He told her, with a wicked grin. Kaya couldn't tell if he was joking or not. She agreed, preferring to not contradict her old comrade. He had ways of finding her again.

"And don't think of running away, Ever kept your flowers along with the note, Freed can use a tracing spell to find you." he warned me, stepping away from her gaze.

Going to bed, Kaya's sleep was disturbed by all the words she heard by Polyusica and Bickslow. She had no choice now, she couldn't run forever. That terrified her, there was no escape now.

 That terrified her, there was no escape now

---------------

So guys, how are you on this Wednesday, 29th, there's around 10 chapters left. I hope you like how the story unfolds. Now