Ch35 Tavern of all troubles

------------

 "I can't wait for you to come back to the guild!", "You can't imagine how much I longed for your return." Those sweet innocent words turned back and forth in Kaya's head. She was thankful for her job the night later to keep her mind busy.

She still reflected on how to get back, she already sub-missed her resignation letter. She will miss that rusty pub she worked in, even though its clients were ruthless and sometimes overstepped boundaries. But she found happiness chatting with her colleagues, snitching some glass of alcohol behind the owner's back, singing and playing instruments all together when the nights were cheerful. Lorine slapped her naked shoulders, getting her out of her thoughts.

"Cheer up, Anya!" she chanted, placing empty trays on the bar. "You won't be frowning until your last day, won't you!"

Oklar came from the kitchen, tidying all the stuff. The night was calm, but a somehow sheepish atmosphere invaded the streets of Crocus. Kaya kept a weird feeling all day as if something big was coming in her direction. She brushed off that sentiment.

"No! Don't worry! I'm ready to enjoy the last days with my favorite coworkers!" Kaya sang playfully, emphasizing on the word while pushing off Lorine.

Lorine shrugged unfazed by her colleague's attempt. "Well, I hope your new coworkers will appreciate you as much as we do!" she pointed out falsely annoyed.

Kaya chuckled, Oklar rolled his eyes away. "Get back to work." he nagged Lorine who was slacking off. "The boss doesn't pay you to rest."

Lorine mimicked his words, tucking her tongue out at him childishly. The light-mage puffed, she will definitely miss the bubbly waitress. Kaya followed Oklar behind the bar, helping him with the cocktails as she learnt through the years to do the basics in no time. They settled behind the bar, shaking, stirring the alcohols, and pouring syrups in cups one after another, Kaya casually bringing the orders to table.

She witnessed Oklar turning pale all of a sudden. "Oh my god..." the bartender sighed with apprehension. Kaya furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, turning her head towards the entrance. She gasped when she noticed the whole guild entering the ground of the tavern.

"Dear Merlin..." she whistled.

An old little man paced joyfully in the tavern, a large smirk on his face. "My dear children... It is time to feast!" he shouted to the members.

Fairy tail was in her work place.

Lorine came to Kaya with her worried face. "I need your help to take the commands." Kaya inhaled as to bring her courage. She picked a block-note near Oklar. Walking rapidly, she bumped into a pillar that wasn't there to begin with.

A jester fooled over her head.

"Bickslow." she said with a bothered voice.

The possession-mage laughed at the frowning face of the waitress. He bowed to her, coming close to her ears. "Well, just to let you know, I always hold my promise."

She pouted a bit angry, "Just so you know, I was supposed to come back in a few days."

"Well, I worry someone has been threatening me since the ball." Bickslow mentioned him pointing his finger at a blonde spiky head.

The revelation did not even move the thunder tribe's members. Instead his minions betrayed him, echoing "Bickslow, worried."

Kaya lost her uptight attitude, grinning at the puppets flying around the jester. "Take a seat, I'm going to take the orders." she displayed the small block of paper to him.