Ch31 The making of a lady

------------

Days later, we reconciled with Hisui. She visited right in front of my door. Although I still resented her for not trusting me, we remained friends, and now, she pushed me into the biggest shopping street of the country.

"You are invited to one of our balls! You have to dress accordingly!" she stumped on her heels. The princess wore casual clothes as usual when we spent time together. But even in plain clothes, she would always wear thin heels.

It must be a habit for the noble lady.

"I'm really doing this because I love you!" I pouted, I felt embarrassed, witnessing the princess paying for the clothes without checking the price.

"Well! At least I won't have to bear the evening by myself!" she joked.

Hisui never smiled that frankly to her friend. An uncertain weight was lifted from her shoulders. The country's heiress confessed to her friend that her punishment wasn't yet pronounced. But she was willing to assume it. And she enjoyed the time she had left with Kaya, who would start to work overnight, profiting the free time she won.

"Oh my god! It's going to be such a pain." I whined, holding all the dresses my friend handed me

My mission with crime sorciere ended after the battlefield. The fugitive group left as soon as everything was settled. Of course, they sent me a small letter, informing me of what happened in all details.

"Please stop, I only need one dress for the night!"

Hisui couldn't stop from adding expensive garments on the trail heading right into the changing cabinet. She chuckled, falling on the mattress of the shop. Kaya inhaled deeply before passing on the intricate dress Hisui selected for her.

It was a dress made of blue silk, a split came up to my thigh, the backless dress was cute, but the color was too much turkish for me. The noble lady passed to me the second dress. I only glanced at it with a dubious look.

"There's absolutely no chance I'm wearing that!" I decreed. The short dress would display my scars on my legs, and that was something I wanted to keep to myself. Even though Hisui knew I was enslaved she doesn't need to know what occurred.

She scowled falsely, offering another much covering dress. I smiled, noting the color. It reminded me somehow of him. Without restraint, my cheeks flushed and I hid behind the sheet of the changing room.

I passed on the fabric with care, the garment was sewed of fine purplish organza, intricate patterns covered the end of the gown, the sleeves didn't cover my shoulders, but the skirt flowed onto the ground. I could imagine myself getting out of a fairy tale. I felt like a princess in a huge tower.

"So? How is it?" The teasing brat whistled from her chair, outside of the changing cabinet.

My face reddened, before I got out.

"See for yourself."

Embarrassed, my hand pulled the sheets, revealing my appearance. I watched carefully the reaction of Hisui. Her face widened in bewilderment. She dashed to me, catching my hands.

"You will be the most beautiful lady!" she sang in excitement. I rolled my eyes away.

The tingling sound of the boutique bell rang in the room. From the corner of my eyes, I spotted a familiar silhouette of a fairy, accompanied by a much imposing blonde man.

I flushed even more, freeing myself from Hisui, I pulled the sheets behind me, making sure to hide in order to change back into my normal clothes. Everything was blurred from the battle, I still reflected on his words. I will see them again, Bickslow made sure of that. But I wanted to wait for the Ball to, perhaps, come back into their lives.

"Are you embarrassed? Or is it because of a certain someone?" Hisui argued with interest. I kept quiet, putting back my skirt and my plain top. Sorting out of the cabinet to face Hisui, I found myself in front of the very fairies I wanted to avoid.

Turning to Hisui, I smiled shyly, "I'm going to head back, shopping is finished. Thank you for your help" I announced cheerily. I caught my bag, hushed out of the shopping store, sensing three pairs of eyes on me. I did not dare to look back, the redness couldn't fade away from my skin. A rise of heat shook me.

Stepping into the street, I heard the similar noise of the Boutique door being swung open. Thinking it was Hisui, I sighed heavily, "Seriously, Why is it so important that I come?"

Pursuing my march, a hand grabbed my wrist. A hand larger than that of a woman. I turned perplexed, only to catch sight of an infamous dragon slayer.

Laxus grinned with a glimmering vision towards Kaya. "I finally found you." He hissed fiercely. Kaya moved her arm out of his grip, her eyes not leaving the Thunder God.

The lightning dragon slayer was out of speech, he dreamed of that moment since their return. He'd never thought she'd changed this much. But 7 years have passed. She was now in her twenties.

His gaze overwhelming her, she pointed towards a remote point behind his back.

"What do you want?" she told him, on her guard, her tone wasn't harsh, but it stung Laxus. "Well it is pretty simple."

Kaya felt a rise of emotions, submerging her. Her weirdest ideas floated above the surface of her mind "I don't know what you're talking about, mister." she played the fool, before dashing out of the place.

Laxus watched her pacing deeper in the streets, he smiled brightly as if the dragon slayer vanquished a beast. He could track thanks to her perfume. The mage kept the new image of her in his head, she turned into a gorgeous creature. White waves, pouting face, wrinkling noise, candid blue eyes, freckles decorating her pale skin. He promised himself to find her.

"You're really something." he whispered behind his teeth, pulling out a necklace he kept on for years. He kissed the silver carved fairies' emblem. She will come back because he promised to keep on.

What she didn't know was that at the exact same time, Hisui and Evergreen had all the time to plot something wicked. "I love that plan, princess." smirked Ever, while handing the cashier the due.

"They sure will be stunned." laughed the princess.

" laughed the princess

------------

I hope you liked that scene, because I'm so thrilled for it to be uploaded. don't worry in the next episode. I will post the picture of the dress I have in mind for Kaya. Stay stunned dear readers.