Ch38 Troubles, troubles

------------

The next day, Kaya went back to the guild with a tough headache, struggling to remember who brought her back to her place. Passing the doors of fairy tail, there was still a pause of silence, before everyone remembered she was back as an adult.

Bothered, Kaya made her way to the bar, greeting Mira, "Can I get a lemonade, please?" she asked the smirking waitress.

"Of course, so someone did bring you home, yesterday..." she slyly remarked. Pouring the drink in a large cup

"Yes, I must thank him later..." the light-mage beamed up, grabbing the cup with a timid smile. Mirajane bent over the bar, grinning even more. "I never thought you would actually get drunk yesterday. That was a sight to see." she commented with amusement.

Kaya flushed deep red, lowering her gaze to the wooden material. "Please don't mention it, Mira."

"I'll see what I can do." the mage conceded, shrugging to the young woman. "Anyway, do you plan on taking missions any time soon? You might need a bit of help..."

The woman before Mira shook her head, "That should be fine, one mission caught my eye yesterday, it would be to deliver a thief to the Council. Apparently, he would roam around Clover."

"You sure you don't want someone to accompany you on your first mission?" Kaya shrugged, unknowingly. It might be useful to bring someone over with her, but she already had a plan established in head, simple and easy and she knew she would be able to fulfill it. Adding people to it may endanger her plan.

Getting up from her stool, she grinned and took the paper of the mission, Kaya was ready to head to Mira, when she bumped into the torso of a tall and gigantic man. Her gaze landed on the bright eyes of a lightning dragon slayer, who smirked to the surprised woman. "Going somewhere, huh?"

She nodded, her hand shoving the request she chose, "Yeah, capturing a burglar won't be too complicated. A great way to start taking missions again." The corner of her lips leveled up in a confident grin. She spotted the Thunder Tribe following their leader, approaching the duo.

"So you already ditch us for missions, huh, workaholic !" Evergreen threw at Kaya, who gave no mind to those words.

"Well, I need the money, don't you too?" she remarked in an innocent-like attitude. Ever froze under that statement and Bickslow cackled. Freed frowned, inspecting the request the white-haired woman had taken.

"You should let us come, you know, this man is known for being dangerous."

Kaya pouted, folding her arms on her chest, which entertained Laxus. "And? I mean Crocus is filled with those. It's not like I can't defend myself, remember?" her fingers signed before the enchanter, creating illusions of worms before his eyes.

"Whoa! I didn't know you could do that!" whistled Bickslow.

Kaya's mood lightened up, and she clapped her fingers. The illusions died down. "I had time to practice. And I totally can take care of myself." her works stunned at Freed. Laxus encircled her frame in his big arms.

"Well, can't we just accompany you, we will let you handle the rascal, then?" Everyone in the rowdy guild stopped, noticing the all great Laxus acting up around his precious Kaya.

She sighed, giving in, "Ok, but I don't want to hear anything on my way of working, understood?" her piercing eyes darted towards Freed. Ever and Bickslow couldn't stop bickering and mocking their comrade.

"They didn't change at all, those three." Laxus heard the witch whisper between her lips.

The dragon slayer wondered how it would be to work again with their fifth member in their team back. Thus, the lightning mage never got the chance to see how her magic worked properly, or how she fought in battles. Both were pretty focused in their last battle against fucking dragons.