Ch15 A bitter reunion

------------

 "Oh oh, I think some rats are here!" sang Cobra, caressing with fondness his snake, Cubellios. "They are approaching the Brain, what do we do?" the master grinned evil.

"We should welcome our guests! You can do everything with them! Angel took care of Ichiya and Jura already!"

Racer shook his head, deceived, "How come she gets the most interesting part!"

Hoteye winked at his companion. "At least we will have to fight."

Natsu noted the presence of five mages in the forest. Not reflecting on the missing member, he jolted towards them. The rest of the troupe marched, but quickly slowed down when they recognized the wizard from Ren's files. "Well, well the rascals are here!" smirked Natsu. "I'm all fired up."

Kaya arrived with Erza, and they rapidly had to battle with Erik. Kaya threw light balls but he dodged them all. Erza swirled around him, he however was left untouched. "You're too loud, I can hear your thoughts." he giggled wickedly.

The teenage invoked a greater spell but she was stopped by his hand on my throat. Kaya flinched as flashbacks aroused. She saw in his eyes recognition and the opponent seemed stunned and that permitted the fairy queen to strike Cobra from behind. Being fast, his snake was faster and the dark wizard called his beast. "Cubellios!"

The viper bit Erza. Kaya freed herself from his grasp to help Erza. 

"Not so fast." he refused and struck the teen in the stomach. "You were there too huh?" He overcame her, inspecting her features. He saw her before and her thoughts betrayed her.

"What do you mean?" Kaya whispered, pissed off.

Cobra punched her in the face. "Don't play the fool with me."

Kaya shrank on the grass. Glancing around her, all the mages were defeated, "Cobra that's enough." grinned Brain. Kaya shivered from fear, no scratches marked their bodies from the fight. Compared to themselves, one could tell they didn't even fight.

"Let them be for now! We have to find it, before the night!" decreed the Oracion Seis' master. Brain invoked his powers, a blue-head girl was taken from her hiding a huge shadow enveloping her until her body teleported away from here. 

"The celestial Priestess! Just when we needed her!" Brain clapped his fingers, more shadows dashed to the group of defeated Mages. Fortunately, a certain top ten mage cast his magic on the ground creating a dome of stone, protecting the wizards.

That being, the six mages left the scenery, and a woman joined in the battle. Kaya crawled to Erza. She scowled, noting Erza's arm was turning purple. The viper injected her poison.

Hurting Erza sat up against her trunk, gasping with difficulty for air. Her words were expelled through her irregular respiration. "I'm sorry Lucy!"

Tightening the belt she stole from Lucy's skirt around her shoulder, Erza looked at her companions. "I want you to amputate it."

Kaya refused and trailed closer to her friend. Ichiya opened a bottle of perfume, to her relief, the pain turned numb. It helped the girl raise her hand. "I want to try something Erza first." Kaya's hand set on Titania's shoulder, the venom slowly got out of the biting. Astounding, her spell dispelled the venom in her vein. Kaya's head rolled from dizziness, she already did too much.

"Thank you Erza." smiled with sorrow. "Let's gather and think of a plan then."

Everyone except the fairies stood startled by the warm power of the feeble looking girl. Jura sensed the girl's power, it was powerful and odd.

"You felt it too, right? Kaya and Wendy too have weird gifts." granted Ichiya, eyeing Erza's friend hugging her. She dreaded the amputation actually.

"For Wendy, I can explain it all." told a proud white cat, broadening her wings to stay at their own height. "Wendy is a celestial dragon slayer, she also knows healing spells as you." She emitted, staring at Kaya.

Kaya shrank back as everyone's questioning gaze rolled to her, "I don't know exactly what type of magic I have." she revealed, embarrassed.

Gray changed the subject, noting the liking of his friend of not wanting too much attention. "So Happy and Wendy got captured? What do we do now?"

"We can't follow the former plan since they discovered it. First, we're going to retrieve Wendy and the blue cat. Then we will search for the Nirvana they were talking about." suggested Jura, always wise.

The group decided to part ways to be more efficient in the woods. Erza, Kaya and Carla stepped further in the forest, Erza advanced too rapidly for Kaya too properly be on her feet. Pushing through her lungs, she ran with struggle to Titania. Erza only cared for the strange string of light escaping Nirvana. It was like she wasn't even herself. Kaya found the aura at the center of the streak very familiar.

Letting Erza enter a spooky cave. Carla and Kaya spared a moment to regain their normal rhythm. A boost of energy resonated against the hollow's walls. Kaya jolted inside to join Erza in the fight. It was only to meet a face present in her worst nightmares. Jellal erected in front of the magic circle.

"What are you doing here!" shouted Kaya, aghast.

Jellal's sorrowful eyes caught the presence of the white hair in the underground-chamber. "Who are you? Who is ... Erza? Who ... am I?" The mage made a strange pause, before continuing, "I don't remember anything." he whined, totally lost.

Both girls flinched, he no longer held the distorted expression he had in the Tower of Heaven. "Where am I? I don't know who I am!" he started to panic, holding his head, his nails sank on his forehead. "Erza... that is the only thing I remember..." he reckoned.

"That's me." introduced Erza with a somber tone. "Your name is Jellal! You can't forget it all! That's too easy!" She paced towards her old friend, in a gesture of protection, he unconsciously called his magic, launching a small explosion out of his hands.

Titania took the effect all at once, not even faced by the attack. "You have no right to forget all your wrong doings!" she spat relentlessly. "I forbid you Jellal, that is your name! You are my childhood friend! I forbid you to forget all you've done."

Jellal was shocked, repeating, "Childhood friend?"

"You hurt many people, you even killed Simon!" she followed, Kaya shuddered at the flashback of the lifeless body of the shadow mage.

Kaya stepped back, silently agreeing with the fairy-queen. She hated the sympathy she expressed for the amnesic dark wizard.

"We are in the Nirvana that YOU activated!" Erza informed the boy, angered.

Jellal's expression darkened in regrets. "Yes, I woke up, hearing a voice. She commanded me to go to the Nirvana, I.. somehow recalled the path." he admitted, rubbing his neck.

"I activate it in order to destroy it for the better." he told his childhood friend. "I started the process of auto-destruction." A magic seal drew itself on the man's chest. "I will die with the Nirvana, taking away all your hatred Erza.

 "I will die with the Nirvana, taking away all your hatred Erza

-----------

So that was all for this saturday, come back here on Wednesday 6PM for the following of the story. I hope you liked the chapter, though I kept the main plot intact here, I absolutely wanted to write that scene between Jellal and Erza as I am a huge fan of Jerza. 

PS: I hope you like their fanart at the top of the chapter ;)