Ch19 Running far and away

------------

The word spread quickly in the Underground of the Balam Alliance. Investigation was made, a name sprang to the ears of the minor guild. An order was placed upon the light mage to get rid of him or her. All paths led to Fairy Tail, the hounds who were unknowingly tailed by cloaked mages entered the guild leaving a message to the guild master on the bar. Makao gazed at Kaya and handed her the letter.

Give us Kaya Melvin, or we should send stronger forces to destroy the remainder of Fairy Tail.

The morning, Makao read the note with horrid eyes, that couldn't be happening too. The mysterious group who searched for the dark mages supposed to capture Kaya, made an entrance in the guild grounds. "They are the guild of Skull. They heard of a mage able to defeat all dark magic." announced Jellal, removing the cloth, hiding his identity.

Kaya flinched at the sight of Jellal and two unknown women, "You are that mage. Kaya." finished the brownish woman, her sorrowful inspected the young teenage girl with remorse. Ultear remembered the girl through Jellal's possession.

"Who are you?" asked aghast Kaya, who processed with difficulty the information in her head. The second woman slid down her hood, displaying pink short hair. "I'm Meredy and this is Ultear, we are former members of Grimoire Heart."

"Wasn't Grimoir Heart, one guild of the Alliance Balam?" worried Wakaba, losing his pipe.

"Fairy tail defeated us months ago on Tenrou Island." confessed Ultear.

Kaya blinked, gaining back track of the conversation. "Wait you said, they were looking for me? Why?"

The blue-haired man scowled, his hunch was correct. The girl was in danger, not even her knew what was happening in the Underground. "They fear your powers, they will try to kill you now, since your powers are still developing. They hope to take you down now, as it is easier..." he observed bluntly, sending shivers down her spine.

"They already found you." informed Meredy, the quieter of them all. Makao shook his head, lost at words. What was he supposed to do as a new master? He'd never imagined the task to be that tough! He remembers the former master calling his comrades children. Makao thought about his own son. An idea traced its way in his mind, something unpleasant, but the safest method for everyone, especially Kaya.

He stood, stepping closer to Kaya, his hand level up on her own hand where her stigma resided. He muttered some weird words. The sign vanished on her skin. Ready to protest, Makao stopped Kaya in her action, "I'm only doing it because I want you to stay safe. We can't fight the dark guild in our actual state. You can't spend all your life glancing behind your back." he decreed

His wrinkles worsened on his forehead, "That's why, from now on, you are to run away. Do not come back until we're strong enough. Please, for your own sake, Kaya, put your interest before those of anyone else. Just this time." he whined desperately.

Kaya's world blew out, her innocent and thin features demonstrated no emotion, but her cries flew out. "I understand your concern, master. I will do as you asked." her words were strained of emotions.

She deserted the rusty guild, thought turning hard in her spirit. Headache hit and her heart sank in her chest. Her pace led her to the park, the one where she was rejected by Laxus. Her scream escaped from her lungs, her fists entering the trunk of the standing tree. 

"Why did you left me!" 

She cried louder, falling to the ground. Blood tarnished her knuckles, the pain numbed that of her heart. Anger and sadness mixed to each other, void directed her.

Emptiness welcomed her, she discovered that she was all alone now. Rain fell on the landscape, wet harshly she sniffed. She did not grieve for her friends, deep down she believed they were somewhere. But she grieved her life in Magnolia and with Fairy Tail. Nothing will stay the same. Where will she go? Where will she sleep tonight? Who could she trust? Did she have to stay alone?

Crying with a stern face, Kaya turned while hearing the feet of the three mages who secretly pursued her. Jellal approached her, bowing and giving her hand, "I have an offer for you."

Her eyes won back the vividness blue, Meredy and Ultear awed the girl who had such a candid appearance. She did look like an angel. a sorrowful one for now.

"You can join Crime Sorcière." proposed Jellal with a warm grin. The inexpressive wizard progressed as he found allies. "Pack your most important things, Makao told me he will take care of the rest."

"We will explain the rest once we leave Magnolia. You can choose once we reach the next city" winked Ultear at the young teen. Meredy jolted in place, her face not expressing it, but she was happy to have a companion her age.

 Meredy jolted in place, her face not expressing it, but she was happy to have a companion her age

------------

So? what do you think? I hope you're going to like the following.