Ch27 In Castle's dark ground

------------

The fourth day of the tournament ended, Gajeel was left alone in the catacomb of the arena destroyed, Natsu and himself were that rough in the battle that dived deep into the ground. Kaya waited until the end of the battle to infiltrate the underground to join Gajeel. She sensed the dark magic she and Crime Sorciere were searching for.

She removed her bracelet to use her powers, she held in her hand a light-ball. Being surprised by an intruder, Gajeel blocked Kaya, sending her on her butt, in a matter of gestures.

"Who are you!" the iron dragon slayer muttered with a death glare that sent shivers down the spine of Kaya.

"No one." She darted, returning the exact same stare to him. "Don't touch me."

Removing his hand, Kaya stood up, lighting up again a glimmer in the palm of her hand. Gajeel frowned, everything in the woman he smashed on the ground sounded familiar. The iron mage remembered her scent, but he couldn't place a name on her face.

"Anyway, what are you doing here?" he asked her out of curiosity.

"I have a thing to check here, I must thank you, you and Natsu helped greatly to uncover this place."

Gajeel scowled, still confused as to why this stranger was advancing into the maze of dark lanes. Deciding the wisest thing to do was to follow her track, Gajeel walked on Kaya's path. His gaze fixed on the light magic she used, he sought into his own memory. He reckoned that magic. Clueless, the iron dragon slayer chooses another approach.

"What are you searching for exactly? And how do I know you're not leading me into a trap?" he pointed out.

The white-haired woman chuckled upon those words. "As if I would be able to take down a dragon slayer." she murmured, hilarious. Gajeel shuffled pridefully.

"At least, tell me where you're going. How come you know where you are going?"

Kaya stopped to face the taller man. "Stop talking." she ordered. "Don't you feel the dark force here?"

Gajeel blinked, taken aback, the mage was right. Black magic lingered in the place. She simply stepped closer to the energy.

"How come someone like you is searching for this aura? Don't tell me you're with dark guilds!" he worried. The angelic mage rolled her eyes away.

"You're really fun, Gajeel."

Gajeel ignited, thinking finally of something important, "What is your name?"

Kaya leveled up her eyes to reach the eyesight of his speaker. "You can call me Anya." She lied. The man shrugged, no, that is definitely not a name he recalled. She paced forwards, the scenery changed drastically. Deserted chambers filled with dragon bones turned into fine halls, more modern.

"This place sure is weird." commented her comrade, trembling before the dragon's skeletons.

"The Great Gajeel would be afraid?" Kaya smirked.

He sent her a death glare, she laughed cheerily. "Fine, fine. There are stairs here, judging from the path we took, it will lead to the Mercurius' castle, it is still time for you to go back."

Gajeel grinned until his teeth were exposed. "It is far too interesting to go back."

Kaya sighed, still as reckless as before. "Well, let's climb it. Be ready to hide your aura if you can?"

He agreed and followed her speed. They quickly arrived in the corridors of the Mercurius. "It must be the undergrounds of the palace." she observed.

Pacing deeper into the main corridor, the mage's eyes widened before the enormous door standing here. Kaya took a lacrima out of her bag, to frame proof to Jellal. "What are you doing?" panicked Gajeel. "This thing could get us in jail!"