Ch5 Phantom Lord second mistake

------------

The same night she accompanied Erza, Happy, Natsu and Gray. They made their way through Lucy's apartment. Mira requested that every member slept together tonight, as she frightened a spare attack from their rival guild.

Step by step, they prepared dinner together with Gray, Kaya assisting him while Happy, Natsu and Erza would place the plates on the table. Waiting for Lucy to arrive, they discussed everything and anything. Curious of the pile of paper Gray was holding, she frowned, "What is it?"

"The novel Lucy is writing, I must admit it's pretty good so far."

She inspected the first sentence, one day she will snatch it in secret to dive into the story. However, tonight she wanted to sleep. So she snuggled on Erza's thigh and slowly drifted into sleep.

She had almost woken up when Lucy crossed the door frame to discover the team enjoying tea in her small room. Natsu stopped her from crying out loud and pointed out the sleeping teen on her bed. The tomboy snorted a bit, and everyone smiled at the clumsiness.

"What are you doing here?" whispered the Celestial mage angrily.

"Mirajane asked for everyone to stay together, so we decided to sleep here tonight." she confessed to Lucy? "Plus, I didn't want those two to ruin your flat." She followed, speaking of the ice-boy and fire hot-head. "And Kaya wasn't feeling well." She admitted.

Lucy watched the peaceful girl asleep on her bed. "That must've been rough for her." thought Natsu out loud. "She grew up in the guild."

"Yeah, she was really upset over the destruction." commented Gray. "Though she didn't say anything about it."

Erza's lips formed a smile and her hand reached to the mage to tuck her hair behind her ears. "She's really cute when she's asleep." joked Happy, savoring a lollipop he stole from Lucy's drawers.

"Well, let's leave her asleep." concluded Lucy. "Where did you find my candies! You could've asked before taking one!"

The more silently possible for team Natsu, they all washed and went to bed, not prepared for what would await them the following day.

In the morning, a huge crowd gathered near the big tree of Magnolia's natural park. Much too everyone's disturbance, three mages were hung by the arms on the tree. A blue-haired mage even had the mark of Phantom Lord inked unsightly on her stomach.

The team arrived with horrified looks. "That is enough." stated an old voice emerging from behind. The mage and non-mages freed his way, recognizing one of the top ten wizard of Fiore. Makarof angered face pushed everyone aside.

"I didn't want to involve my family in this fight. But when my children are hurt on purpose. There's no turning back!" Kaya, who experienced for the first time the master's wrath, stuttered due to the overwhelming power escaping his body. The air turned thicker around them. How come this small old man possessed so much magic!

Happy and Natsu helped to undo the handcuffs that maintained the Shadowgear tied to the tree. One by one, they laid to the ground, wounded severely. Kaya closer to them, her hands passed near their body. Concentrating, the others did not move to let the young mage heal their friends. As their injury were too bad, she'd taken care of the worst injuries. Feeling dizzy by using so much powers, the girl struggled to stand up and walk without problems. Her power couldn't handle that much energy drained.

"There, there, it's alright!" reassured Erza. "You have helped enough. Natsu, Gray and Lucy will bring them to the hospital. You will stay at the guild during the battle, okay?" Kaya grimaced, and reluctantly accepted. In her current state, she should stay with the Shadowgear instead of weighting her friends down.

I was waiting with Lucy at the beds of the Shadowgear. The blonde girl was sniffing at the current of Levy and her friends. "I hope they will pay what they did to Levy, Jet and Droy."

I hugged her to sooth her. I was upset too as I wasn't able to fully heal them, I found myself so weak. "I wish I could heal them totally." I revealed to Lucy, who rubbed her eyes from tiredness. Those last days were exhausting indeed.

"No, you helped a lot. You know, you're still young, and healing three mages badly injured as you did is already impressive." She affirmed.

Strangely, I found myself even more miserable at that attempt to reassure me. "If you say so..." Lucy jolted from her chair, and went searching for her purse.

"I'm going to do some groceries, I want to cook a feast when our friends go back. Do you want anything?"

I refused to ask for anything, so she left to the nearest store in town. I took a book I carried for a time about light magic, deciding to dive in it. Not only that, but I needed to elaborate my spells. The book offered some precious information on attacks, but nothing on healing abilities. I would have to demand help from Polyusica. The old hag should know about it.

I didn't find what I searched for, but some pieces of information were useful. A point was stated on increasing my stamina, underlining the problem that I had. My body has to undergo more physical training to brace more aetherion in it. A special point aimed at the efficiency of my magic against evil forces. Demons feared my power. The work mentioned the rarity of light mage, as they have been annihilated from the map years ago. What I remembered from my reading was simply that I would be stronger against dark creatures and that I needed to train my body.

Cutting short to my reading, I suddenly perceived two strong magical powers as rain started to pour outside. My interest led me to follow the energy. The streets were deserted, like a spell impeached anyone from crossing the area. Two forms blocked the way of Lucy. There were two strangers. "Lucy?"

"Oh, oh oh! The miss has a protector to take care of her as it seems!" the man whistled in a strong foreign accent. His weird posture left me dumbfounded, he seemed not restrained by any bones.

A lady hiding behind her umbrella turned. Her strict blue hair was styled straight, her length hidden in huge and perfectly made loops. "We have company indeed. Let's take care of Lucy first. Then her"

"No! Do not touch her!" opposed Lucy, pressing her fingers a second too late on her zodiac keys.

Her hand faced Lucy, the second later Lucy disappeared in a ball of water, losing consciousness. The man came forward to me, but the woman stopped him. "Don't. She's not worth our time." I was frozen in place, fear took control of my limbs.

"But Juvia, she's with them!" The-said Juvia disagreed.

I regained my strength, snapped for a short moment and launched an attack at both. The blue girl teleported near me. I felt a strike on the back of my neck, and fell to the ground. The minute later, the rain stopped. When I found out about my surrounding. My head was pounding, my eyes scanned the street anxiously for a trace of Lucy. Her keys lied on the ground. I grabbed them, I stood up and traced my way, panicked to the guild. 

------------

------------

Thanks everyone for watching , I honestly don't know whether I post all the chapters at the same time or if I just post them 8 chapters. That would actually give me time to find interesting chapter's title and all picture to accompany the following of the story. Tell me in the comments.

Also in the comments, does the hours of publishing is good? 6am on wednesdays/saturdays?