Ch23 Invested of a new mission

------------

Back in Crocus, life took its course just fine for Kaya. She slowly immersed back in work to forget the name of Fairy Tail. Being occupied eased her from her worries. She didn't try to go back to Magnolia again. The more time passed, the more fear she'd gather to meet them.

Wandering the street after her shift, she sighed heavily before entering her flat. As soon as she removed her shoes, her calling lacrima rang in her flat. Kaya quickly answered not wanting to wake the whole neighborhood. "Guys, it's you!" she beamed lightly, exhausted from her work.

They visited less these times, Kaya acknowledged that the Grand Magic Games increased the guard in the capital, but she missed them deeply. "How are you?" worried Meredy, spotting the eye-bags and the thin smile Kaya displayed.

"Fine," she lied. "Why do you call at this hour? It's very unusual..." Kaya commented, her little finger telling her something was off.

Jellal arrived in the crystal of the tool, "I didn't want to ask you, but I have no choice. You are the only member of the Crime sorciere, who's not a fugitive."

Excitement overbore Kaya, finally some adventures she could experience. "What can I do to help?" she agreed on the instant.

"You know that weird energy during the GMG? We located it again this year... I want you to find out what it is. Do you think you can do that?" he checked in a very serious tone. I nodded.

"Well, you want me to infiltrate the castle or the GMG's staff?" I followed.

"Do what you can, the castle won't accept a stranger, so your only way is to pass through the staff of the Domus Flau. Report us everything you find. I suspect the involvement of dark guilds in this."

The woman accepted with interest. Yawning without restraint, Jellal giggled and ended the call, ordering her to go rest. Kaya had a long adventure to go to.

"So it is a dead end, huh?" confirmed Laxus the Guild Council. The thunder god tribe requested specifically to join the meeting to get access to all the guild members of Fiore. None welcomed a woman named Kaya Melvin.

Shortly after the checking, Laxus stormed out of the meeting followed by his closest teammates. "No actually, that means, she probably did stay loyal to Fairy Tail?" suggested Freed.

"And if she was actually captured? Or even dead?" pointed out the lightning mage's strained voice. "Oh gosh! I think I'm going nuts!"

Bickslow smirked, he observed the situation with interest and something very suspicious. Being a jester, Bickslow could remember perfectly the aura of Kaya near the guild. Weirdly, the woman did not enter the tavern, much to his disappointment, if he felt her soul, he had no idea what she looked like now. The possession mage also wondered how she stood unnoticed by his leader. Laxus had developed senses, he should've found her that day.

Shaking off that question, he shrugged playfully, "I don't think she's dead, but... I think she's still hiding like a mouse." Laxus threw his comrade a death glare. Bickslow retreated, hiding a far larger grin. He couldn't wait for the group to finally find her.

"What I'm saying is that maybe she changed identity. How come a mage who was known by Blue Pegasus and Lamia Scale could go under the radar for all this time?"

Freed crossed his arm, his eyes watching from afar with neutrality, "That makes sense. Don't you remember what Makao said?"

Evergreen cut him in his sentence, "That all dark guilds wanted her gone for good? But that doesn't explain why she didn't come back to Magnolia? She might've not heard of our return?"

Laxus refused to believe it, "All the country knows about us surviving on Tenrou Island, I doubt that it hadn't reached her ears."

Evergreen waves her fan, stomping on her heels. She didn't like to be stuck on a dead end, "Let's keep in mind, she's also 20 now. Her appearance must've changed too."

These words caught off Laxus and Freed, "That's right she's no longer a child anymore." commented the enchantment mage. "Somehow, I wonder what she'll look like..."

The Thunder God refused to think that she'd changed. For him, she remained a small girl, tasting sweets, reading lame books, and going on adventures. Her short puffy hair always rebelled whenever she tried to style it. Her pointed nose wrinkled before nagging. He couldn't imagine her all grown up.

Bickslow, who noticed the amazement of Laxus, showed a grin on his face, "And what tells you that she didn't come back here?"

Laxus raised an interested gaze towards the masked wizard, "You sensed it?" Bickslow laughed, not responding clearly to the interrogations. "I don't know, I can't recognize a soul after 7 years, right?"

The S-class mage aimed at his collar, but the mage jumped back, raising his arms to sooth him, "Hey! I was just joking! I would've told you, if that was the case!"

Laxus calmed down, sighing desperately, "Sorry, I maybe am on edge lately... And this story of those Grand Magic Games doesn't ease me either.. Like is it really important when one of our members hasn't returned home?"

The blond mage turned his back, rapidly stepping away from the group. Evergreen and Freed interrogated their friend, Ever smirked "You felt it, right?"

"Maybe, maybe not."

Evergreen scoffed at that answer, she knew Bickslow held a weird scheme for Laxus and Kaya's reunion. "My friend, I wonder what goes through your head sometimes." she exclaimed, following the enraged dragon slayer behind his steps. Freed frowned, not because of Bickslow's behavior, it was usual of the masked sorcerer to act strange. But Laxus never acted like that, losing his nerves to such a low joke was not him. Freed reflected, coming to the conclusion that, of them all, Laxus badly wanted to meet again the young fairy they left behind...

 Freed reflected, coming to the conclusion that, of them all, Laxus badly wanted to meet again the young fairy they left behind

------------

Aahhhhh! I love Laxus' reaction. Do you think they'll get back? 

Don't forget to hit the like button if you liked the chapters;)