Ch28 Reasoning with Royalty

------------

Pushing the doors of the tavern, my eyes scanned the area, I watched with carefulness, I spotted two weird persons in the crowd. Being a princess, I understood better why she never cared about someone sending her home. Her lifeguards could always help her whenever she needed.

The fact that she's the princess still had to be accepted. My heart ached at the thought of being deceived for all that time. I confessed to her my deepest secrets when she never confessed that she was a princess. It was not the fact that she was a royal that annoyed me, but that I wasn't trustworthy enough to be told that.

The green haired woman stormed in the tavern, searching for me, I waved my hand to welcome her. I forced a smile on my face to not look clumsy.

"You said you had an emergency, I didn't think it was that!" she exclaimed on edge. I flinched at her screaming.

"Sorry, I'm a bit tense lately." she let out.

"That's okay, that must've been rough on you. Do you want something to drink, it could help." I offered.

"Don't, I'll pay." she decided, taking out her purse. I didn't notice back then, but her gestures testified of her social class, her etiquette remained perfect, her fingers handed the money with such elegance. How silly I was to think all that was natural!

"So, what did you want to talk about with me?" My finger tapped on the Ultear's device she lent to me. Time stopped around us, a huge silence overwhelmed us. No one could hear anything, no act.

"What is happening?" wondered Hisui, stressed. I stared at her with a list of questions prepared to be asked. But only one came out first.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Hisui's posture tightened, I could swear I saw her chin stumbling. "I don't know what you're talking about." I wanted to teach her a lesson, on how she was a coward too. When she advised me to return to my friend. But now wasn't the time.

"Cut the crap, Hisui, or should I say princess?" she paused, opening her mouth then closing it.

"How did you know?" She interrogated me. "Did you do some research?"

A rise of anger flowed onto me, "So you did it with me?" she thought so lowly of her own friend. I brushed off that problem for another time, shaking my head disapprovingly. "No, I discovered it while investigating the weird magic floating in Crocus every year during the GMG." I said.

I turned to her, facing her with honesty, "I don't care that you're a princess, and I'm not here for that, not exactly." my tongue uncovered

Hisui frowned at my remark, "Then why did you ask for me?" I scowled, time was still frozen, the only person watching our discussion was Ultear.

"Hisui, the Eclipse gate you want to open, will only bring destruction to the country." She refused, shaking her hair, standing up to get out of the room.

"You're with them, don't you?" she spat with a somber expression. "With who?"

"With those criminals," she added, certainly referring to Crime Sorciere. "I knew you were their comrades, but don't you see that they are manipulating you!" she yelled.

I exhaled in disappointment. "I met a girl who passed that door, Hisui, that was Lucy Heartfillia, the celestial mage you're using to open the gate. I understand that you want to destroy Zeref for the country's sake." I reassured, Hisui seemed to ease her temper.

"But the gate opening will only bring damage to your country. I beg of you, don't open that gate. Don't do it for Crime Sorciere, but at least for me."