Ch22 An angered dragon slayer

------------

A knuckle smashed the wood-frame of the table. Laxus and the others posed the dreaded question. They took some time to wonder where a white-head disappeared. Her candid frame missed among the fairies. A silence imposed itself on the guild. Makao's expression darkened, understanding the words. He was frightened by the moment he would have to reveal his terrible cowardice to the others.

"It was some months after your disappearance... We went bankrupt quickly after investing a lot to find you all, in vain..." he started to express with stuttering. "We discovered the kid was an angelic mage, capable of tearing all dark magic..."

"Wonderful stories... but where is she?" repeated Laxus pissed off. Freed and Bickslow maintained the raging wizard on his seat.

"Dark guilds also heard of her, they quickly searched for her... even sending threats... That's... That's when I decided to remove her emblem, she went into hiding after that. I don't know what became of her... after that."

His companions too weak for him, Laxus jolted up to Makao's side. Grabbing him by the collar, every guild-mates became speechless. "You banished a 13 year old girl ! Leaving her on the street, just because of a threat!"

"Laxus!" Stopped Makarof.

"You let her on her own! In your opinion, how could she take care of herself like that! You coward" followed Laxus.

"That's enough." Makarof's voice erupted. Gramps' wrinkles distorted, he smiled with compassion to Makao. "You did what you had to do to protect everyone."

Laxus raged off, "You let him go away with it? Gosh! I can't believe it!" Every other Fairy Tail's members watched with attention the fight. Laxus never enraged like this, the air was heavy, small lightnings even filled the air. A storm was about to break. Lucy's hair rises up to the ceiling.

"The guild back then couldn't bear to fight back all black guilds. Makao asked Kaya to hide, to protect herself and the guild." stated Makarof, staring at his grandson.

"I want Kaya back too, Laxus. So I will have one team to search for her, and bring her back to her family. Do you want to take that task?"

Laxus nodded, before storming off the building accompanied by his teammates. They all stopped on the flowers placed on the doorsteps. The lightning god frowned thinking back of the weird noises that reached his ears half an hour before. That even made him check himself whether someone was spying on Fairy Tail.

"Who brought these?" Freed expressed his surprise. Evergreen grab the bouquet, enjoying the scent of the roses. Scowling, she took out a small note in the bouquet. The fairy handed the note to Freed. "Do you recall this handwriting?"

The mage shook his head after a few glimpses. From the corner of the eye, Laxus read, 'I'm happy that you're back'. Laxus raised an eyebrow, Who would send a message like this without offering the gift directly?

Bickslow changed the subject, grinning as if he suspected something. "So how do we find our young member?" he began, crossing his arms in a comic tone.

Evergreen jumped while the group made its way to their inn. "Well, not so young, do you remember, guys? We didn't age for seven years! That must mean... she's twenty now!"

Laxus flinched, realizing the fact. He totally put that fact aside. The face of Kaya remained as clear as day in his heart, but she grew up. What if she moved on? Has she have a boyfriend? No, that can't be! The blond man reflected, he wondered how much the cute boyish girl had changed.

The group remembered a blunt teenager, wearing large clothes, always eating sweets and bright blue eyes pouting at them when they mocked her. They decided to sleep for the day, then start their research in Fiore of the white-haired woman.

It took Laxus some time to fall asleep. When he did, he dreamt of a woman with white locks in a field of vivid flowers, he ran to her, she therefore walked past him. The lightning-mage could not discern her features. The wind messed up her hair, a hand tucked streaks of hair to the side, revealing the most cheerful smile he enjoyed. I will do everything to find you, he promised to himself. I still have that promise to fulfill...

 I still have that promise to fulfill

------------

Sorry guys, I didn't realise this chapter was  this light. But don't worry, I will upload one more chapter. I hope you liked it, if you knew how much I like to write Laxus' pov!! I can't wait for you