Ch24 Strange encounters

------------

 "So, you're telling me that you didn't meet them? Even though you went to the guild?" verified Hisui, while we were cooking in my kitchen. She was one of my dearest friends, we couldn't meet regularly yet. But when we did, we passed our time eating delicious meals or gossiping around tea.

I sighed, ashamed, "That's what happened?", her green bangs lowered;

her hand caressed her chin as she seemed to wonder, "Don't you think someone would've sensed you? Your old friends are powerful after all. Someone must've felt you even with your tool." Her finger pointed to my bracelet.

In the beginning, I was close off when I met her in a park. Through the years, we grew close to each other through our rare meetings. "I was discovered," I sighed. "Laxus got out, and I was close to find me."

Hisui's cheeks blushed, I forgot to mention that she's a hard romantic, the friend loved to read romance all the time, she'd always lend me the best books she discovered to discuss about them later. 

"It's so cute!" she beamed. "Why didn't you come out?"Her voice was filled with disappointment, her face pouted cutely. 

My elbow gently tapped hers. "Hey! I was so stressed, okay? How should I react? Hello, I disappeared years ago, I'm ready to go back, oh! And I'm happy you're back?" I mimicked.

Hisui giggled, I used that lack of attention to throw flour on her nose. "Hey! You meanie!"

I chuckled lightly. "You are a meanie, too." I replied amused, she drew a tight smile on her lips, her eyes rolling to the side.

"But, seriously, why didn't you meet them?" she asked, playing with the cookie dough, casually stealing a chocolate chip from the bowl. I grinned all shy, I felt the heat mounting up to my ears. "I think I'm a coward, I worried too much about their reactions, actually. I was such a tomboy before! You should've seen this!"

Kaya gazed at her window, perceiving an outsider gaze on her, she sure contemplated the weird form of a marionette. It looked familiar to her. She held her breath, not realizing. Blinking aghast, the form flew away from the window view. Could it be them? No that can't be.

Gaining back her consciousness, Hisui jolted up, turning to face me. "Okay, that is not the time, but I really want some photos now!" I grimaced a bit, refusing to show her. Plus, I didn't have those photos anymore.

"I know, you probably don't have them anymore. But, I don't think what you said is true. You are not a coward Kaya. You only had hard feelings, you need to sort things out."

"Well, you are right." I conceded. "Let's finish our cookies before we join the group at the tavern!"

Hisui grinned widely "Aye, aye."

The night passed in the blink of an eye, Oklar and Lorine drank until drunkenness. Hisui stumbled on her feet, she got hiccups, so I was helping her get a carriage to her way home, Hisui could still give her address to the driver.

"Get her home, if not I'm placing an enchantment on you to suffer hell, understood?" she warned the taxi-driver, letting an enchantment circle. Stressing a bit, he agreed, the car made its way to her friend's home.

"A... Anya! You already.. Hup... You already.. Hiccup... go home?" Lorine struggled to make words, still drinking beers much later after the end of the Grand Magic Games. Kaya saw the battles between wizards, but tomorrow, she will get to discover the teams selected at work. That's right, getting a job in the Domus flau was a piece of cake.

The angelic mage rolled her eyes at Oklar, collapsed on the ground after wrestling with another drunken client of the bar. "No Lorine, you should stop drinking too."