Ch10 Harsh memories' return

------------

The team was reunited on a boat in direction of the said tower of Heaven. "So you're willing to tell us now?" demanded Gray, pissed at Kaya's mysterious attitude.

The girl turned white as a blanket since they encountered that mysterious guy. She turned to them, fiddling her fingers endlessly. "So you knew them?" verified Lucy who joined them still wearing her cocktail dress.

Kaya nodded. "I don't know who they were all in person. But I knew them from afar."

"So what is this tower of Heaven?" asked Juvia who for no apparent reason got on the ship with them.

Kaya breathed in deeply, "The dark guilds wanted to build a tool capable of reviving the dead. Their purpose is to resurrect the infamous dark mage. Zeref."

"What does it have to do with you and Erza knowing those guys? Why would they take Erza and not you too?" pointed out Lucy.

I shrugged unknowing, "to resurrect someone requires a lot of energy and power. The island was controlled by dark guilds. But to get all the hands to gather all that energy, they used slaves for that."

There was a huge silence. She eyed them all and pursued her voice sore, "Erza and I were part of those slaves in those labor camps."

The team held horrified eyes, Lucy covered her mouth from the shock. Gray who kept most of his impression to himself expressed an alarmed concern. Even Natsu, who suffered from motion sickness, observed the teenage girl with concern remaining silent.

Juvia rubbed her neck not knowing how to react in front of the Fairy tail's member. "What does it have to do with Erza's capture and those guys knowing you?"

Kaya stuttered even more, "I was in another part of the prison when Erza broke out. She had quite a reputation with her ancient friends. Those were the ones who captured her. The reason this man recognized me was another."

My hand hesitated lifting up the fabric of my pants covering my legs. That was the first time someone other than me could see the large scars that lingered on my skin. Lucy gasped louder this time and Gray frowned at the sight, even Juvia tensed seeing them, Natsu widened his eyes in shock. All those reactions made me regret displaying it. Immediately I put back the cloth on the marked skin.

"I was the toy, the new master of the tower decided to play with." I chuckled wryly.

"Kaya, that's..." Lucy began.

"No. Don't. It would make it even more real."

"Still why would they kidnap Erza, that doesn't make any sense." Gray scowled. I shook my head.

"When Erza left, she provoked a revolution among the enslaved in her district. Her ancient comrade wanted to flee together with her. But somehow, she got out on her own. Jellal, who must still be the master of the tower, was the closest to Erza among those guys."

"So what you're saying is that Titania and the dark guild's master were close friends and that out of revenge he kidnapped her. But what for?" Juvia indicated perplexed.

"Because to resurrect Zeref, there needs to be a sacrifice of a powerful mage to accomplish the rite." Shadow casted upon the comrades' faces. Kaya grew silent again, pinching her skin to ease her fear. It had been 6 years since she left. 6 years of freedom.

As they grew closer the tower overviewed the ship. "It is huge!" gasped Lucy. "We cannot go on land!" Natsu jolted out the ship and winked at Kaya before swimming right towards the land.

"Natsu!" cried Lucy. Gray put his hand on her shoulder. 

"Leave him be! We will find another path inside." he declared, nonchalantly.