Ch32 Visit of a jester and his troop

------------

Kaya sighed pushing her keys in the door-lock, the day had been long and tiring. Thus, the night won't leave her alone too. She shuffled while removing her sandals. Finally at home, even if it was for 5 hours before the ball, she was relieved to have all that time to sort out all of her worries. 5 hours to come up with a plan on how to return to Fairy tail and face the embarrassment she caused. Face them all.

Great!

The angel mage eyed the doorway, sensing foreign presence in her apartment. Her feet paced silently into her living room-kitchen. She froze in place, recognizing three mages she met previously during the GMG. "What the f*...!"

One masked mage, grinned, noticing her entrance in her own place. Kaya felt overwhelmed. Of all the things she could expect, that remained the bottom of the list, Ever and Freed seemed taken aback too. Both wizards were observing their past nakama. They'd never imagine her to grow into such a fine woman.

Kaya wasn't a teenage girl anymore, the curves developed in seven years, hidden behind a long skirt and light tank top. Her messy short hair now fell into silky white waves on her back. The mage left her belongings falling on the floor.

"Freed... Ever'... What are you..." she spelled under her breath. She turned to Bickslow whose lips broadened. She sent him a confused stern glare.

"Well... you didn't forget about our deal, didn't you?" he smiled. Kaya frowned. The weight of the gaze made her feel dizzy.

Freed and Evergreen did not change one bit, Freed maintained his composed attitude and Evergreen stood as glamorous as she always has been. Kaya's heart warmed up, she was happy to see them unchanged, even for the sake of that goddamn awful island. Evergreen's eyes glowed witnessing Kaya who has turned into a woman. Kaya gave up and offered a frank smile to her friends.

"It has been a while, huh?" she joked, without realizing it, she threw herself on Freed and Evergreen. Hugging them as if it was her last embrace with them. For seven years, she thought she would never see them again. She almost gave up on the idea of seeing them again...

Ever and Freed stared at each other, then beamed relieved to have their missing comrade back. Bickslow made them intrude in the flat of a stranger without even mentioning why. All he'd said was that it was special. "If you knew how much we worried for you..." whistled Ever, rubbing gently the back of Kaya. The young woman was wetting her clothes, Evergreen smirked slightly, it was definitely her, it was definitely Kaya, the kind-hearted soul who always worried over her loved ones.

The loneliness she had for friends abandoned the atmosphere, a warm feeling occupied Kaya's spirit. Something she thought she would never experience again. Regaining her composure, she left Freed and Ever's embrace, Bickslow even joined their warm embrace.

Kaya brushed back the tears threatening to fall. Her mouth pouted at the possession mage, "You know I was supposed to hold my promise tonight, you dummy!"

"Well, How should I know? You escaped from the battlefield! Remember?" he emphasizes. Much to his comrades who realized, she fought with them days ago.

"You were there?" Freed asked, surprised. Kaya wouldn't want to let slip more information on her implication with Crime Sorcières. Jellal counted on her to hide their tracks. She nodded with a tight smile.

"I'm sorry, guys, I gave you so much trouble!" she regretted, her eyes landing on her feet. Ever put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You know we heard of what happened back then, you did all that for your own protection."

Freed grinned at the sight of Kaya. "We don't resent you, if you knew what we did to gather the smallest piece of information on you. To find you. We were devastated." he admitted, his cheeks blushed.

Kaya buried her head in her hands, taking a seat next to Bickslow. "I know I couldn't tell you anything. But I did leave a small gift for your return." the woman revealed as she flushed redder.

Both of them snapped, a memory sprang in their mind, Ever fluttered in place, "The flowers! That was you?" Kaya grinned.

"Yes."

"So you did come back when we returned?" observed Freed, his question sounded more like a statement.

Kaya avoided their gaze, embarrassment still roaming around. "Why?" Ever knelt near her side.

Kaya revealed a wry smile, "I wanted to see for myself, if you were all doing okay. But I couldn't bring myself to push the doors."

The guys beamed with relief. Bickslow clapped his hand with amusement. "Now that we found you! We might as well make up for the time we lost!"

Evergreen witnessed a tiny flinch from the white-haired woman. She started to play with the hem of her skirt, visibly embarrassed.

"Well, the thing is... I must prepare for tonight..." she confessed, flushing brighter. Evergreen's eyes shimmered before those words. She jumped on her heels, excited.

"I was sure I recognized you in that store!" she claimed. Freed and Bickslow looked at each other with skepticism. "You are going too! That's perfect!"

Without warnings, she turned to her comrades, animated by a strange aura that the guys feared. "Make haste people! I'm going to prepare with Kaya for tonight!"

Freed and Bickslow were led to the doorway, none could've placed a word to the 'fairy-queen'. The door closed with a loud clap, Kaya stuttered at the brutal noise, the neighbor would complain again...

Evergreen paced forward to Kaya, a gleam revived her chestnut gaze. "We are going to make you the most beautiful lady of the Court tonight!" she whistled. "for your magnificent comeback."

Kaya shivered at those words, she pushed back in her mind the moment she would enter the halls of the Mercurius. Evergreen noted the unease of her friend.

"It's normal to be afraid, you know. Everyone can't wait to meet you."

"I hid for so long, Ever. I became such a coward." She hissed, shaming herself.

Evergreen reassured the young woman with a sharp feeling in her chest. She regretted not being present for Kaya, years have been harsh for her. She wanted to witness her growing up so bad.

"You're no coward, you're in the right to be afraid..." A pause lasted between the two women, Kaya couldn't stop fiddling her fingers in her long hair.

"But you must not let fear block you. Otherwise you won't live."

Remarking the distress of her friend, Evergreen lightened up, rambling through Kaya's things. "Now is no time for this anymore! We gotta make you the most beautiful lady for the ball!"

 "Now is no time for this anymore! We gotta make you the most beautiful lady for the ball!"

------------

Hey guys, thank you for those who waited long for those chapters. I hope you liked this one. because Kaya's relationship with the Thunder God tribe was something I really wanted to insist on. I must say next chapter will be exciting.