Ch17 Letting it all out

------------ 

"Why is he here!" Natsu's anger grew as he reckoned the mage following Titania and Kaya. Wendy had joined them, after finding Carla on her way to the massive weapon. "He doesn't remember anything, he was the one who unknowingly helped Brain to find the Nirvana." explained Erza briefly.

"He basically improved?" added Kaya, not convinced, refraining Natsu from murdering the mage. "So how do we stop this from destroying the Cait Shelter?"

Jellal seemed to gain confidence as he revealed the system of the weapon, "The Nirvana functions with the six huge lacrimas connected to each other. To stop the city, we have to destroy the six lacrimas at the same time. Otherwise, they will repair each other."

"There is another problem." warned Gray. "Zero the double personality of Brain must be waiting by one of the six lacrimas. One of us will have to fight him."

Natsu chose first the lacrima he wanted to destroy. The others followed, since Kaya was a spare, she accompanied Lucy whose stamina was barely visible.

"Thanks for your help, Kaya," Lucy smiled grateful.

Alone, her feet struggled to maintain a steady walk. The light-mage chuckled, "that's the least I could do!" she answered.

"You're not bothered? I mean by Jellal's being here?" Lucy inspected the girl's reaction. She shrugged too tired to feel her anger boiling inside. Her energy served only to walk further deep into the halls of the Nirvana.

"I was. But, I guess Erza trusting him is okay?" the celestial mage sensed a wave of bitterness from Kaya.

"I do not forgive though... I still dread the memories of the past."

Lucy nodded reassured, she worried that the girl would hold too much hatred towards the mage. After her confrontation with her father, the blonde girl lifted all of her grudge. Light hearted, she found out that letting it all go was the solution all along. Lucy hoped Kaya kept that in mind.

When a passage became visible to the duo, Kaya hushed forward into the doorway. A large chamber welcomed the two sorceresses. A gasp exited both, the lacrima stood gigantic in the space.

"We are doomed!" panicked Lucy, sitting on the ground. "We are both drained! How can we break that thing in time!"

Kaya shuffled, she cursed the master under her mouth. "We don't have a choice! We need to break it one way or another!" An enormous humanoid form stepped into the room. Lucy's flinched, reckoning the celestial spirit of Angel.

"You? What are you doing here?".

The bull-man chirped sheepishly. "I'm no longer a spirit of Angel, I want you to contract with me, Lucy! In exchange..." he glanced at the lacrima.

"I will break that lacrima in time!" Lucy seemed to revive, her vision brightened. The fastest way possible, they established a contract in no time, leaving details for later.

Taurus, whose name was perceived by Kaya, stretched his limbs; checking time. "Now!" screamed Lucy anxiously. It was their sole chance to put an end to the war weapon. The spirit charged the lacrima, fending it in diverse pieces. We waited a moment, the lacrima could restore itself, if only one of us failed to break the power ball in time. After a few minutes, nothing occurred.

Kaya jumped in Lucy's arms, beaming at the end of the battle. When it was finished the coalition succeeded against the Oracion Seis!

The return to Magnolia was more dull than expected, the coalition discovered that Caitshelter's guild no longer exists, their mages being reflection of old spirits of Nirvits who died long decades ago. Wendy and Carla being the only alive persons, were told to join another guild. Both were sleeping in a hug to Lucy's side. Happy drove the carriage back to Magnolia.

Erza, too, held a darker expression than when they arrived at the meeting point days ago. Jellal and the Oracion Seis were arrested the second they landed on land. Titania understood quickly that she was likely to never see his childhood friendagain. Kaya, for herself, reflected on whether she'd accept the possession of Jellal. Gray sight-gazed at the landscapes satisfied they won against the dark guild without much injuries, and Natsu. Well... it's Natsu, on the verge of vomiting in the car from motion sickness.

"Is everything okay?" checked Kaya on Titania. "You look hurt since we departed."

Erza snapped from her daydreaming, taking into account the remark of the sensitive teenager. "I don't know. I would've liked to spend more time..." Kaya rubbed the back of the woman.

"Maybe, you'll see him one day. You know it's Jellal, sooner or later, he'll break out of his cell." She reassured me.

Erza's lips drew a tight smile, tears escaped her eyes. "I hope so. But, I will still miss him."

Kaya continued to sooth Erza. The armored-sorceress calmed herself, eventually finishing by sleeping on the side. Gray suspected Kaya to be on edge due to what happened.

"You worry over everyone here, but, how are you doing?" he verified. Kaya's shoulders fell back.

"I don't know, I guess, I still hold grudges on Jellal. I can't forget what happened there." she said in a somber look. "I'd like to put all this aside, and move forward. I really do. But I can't. It's like I'm stuck there, I don't understand why I deserved that punishment." She felt her eyes vision wet, she attempted to refrain the water from spilling.

"Sometimes, I even think I should get back there. That sounds stupid! I know but I want to know why of all people, I got tortured over and over, too many times I can't even count..."

She paused, sniffing. Tears blinded her eyesight. Kaya avoided Gray's attention, painfully pursuing. "I hate that he forgot, because... somehow, I wanted to know the reason behind all these beatings. Because there has to be."

Suddenly, a warm embrace surrounded her, sobbing even more. Kaya's voice emitted a feeble noise of pain. The ice mage never saw the girl confessing her feelings out loud. Since she joined Fairy tail, the infant remained closed off to anyone. Never whining, never complaining, always wanting too help, to an extent that it could hurt her.

She seemed like a bottle of water, the jar filled through the years. At times, the element would be too much to handle, meltdowns would occur then.

"Kaya, nothing can justify what you suffered. Don't ever say that you deserved it. You have every right to hate that man, if that's what you want. But hatred won't help you advance far from that place. Always remember that, okay?"

Moving away from the ice princess, Gray spotted her puffy eyes, her pale face contrasted with her reddened eye bags. She tucked locks of her white hair behind her ears, nodding to his words.

Completely drained physically and mentally, she dozed off near Gray.

------------

Here we are guys, the first part is almost done. There's one chapter left of the first part. But stay reassured I'm going to post the second part tonight. Same old concept of five chapters per release. 

Thanks for reading and don't forget to hit the like button.