Ch4 Trouble with some phantoms...

------------

6 and a half years have passed since I joined the guild. I remained the younger member even though I was 13 years old. I still had that style of a boy. My white hair reached my chin and I kept my bangs.

That morning I woke up a bit grumpy as Natsu and Happy left for Hargeon without me yesterday. I will kick their butt when they come back. Erza left on a mission too. I sighed while leaving the warm temperature of my bed. I hurried to my closet, putting on clothes. Mornings in Magnolia were chilly. I took my small cat-shaped bag, putting my keys in it and my wallet. I need to go on a job soon since rent is coming too rapidly.

My thick boots on, I departed. Entering the guild doors. The ambiance sounded more crazy than usual, and I walked to the bar where Mira was working. "Hello Kaya! What can I do for you?"

"I want a piece of brownie, please." She prepared that and put the plate in front of me. I decided to eat at the bar today.

"Mira? Why is everyone so crazy today?"

The beautiful woman smiled and pointed her finger at a blonde girl standing near Happy and Natsu. "That is because someone joined today and the master prepared a party." I nodded, taking a bite of my dessert before melting. I hummed clumsily while taking another bite. Suddenly, a pair of hands landed on my back, making me jolt on my chair.

"Natsu!" I threw a glare at Natsu who surprised me.

The salamander was accompanied by a blonde girl, whose eyes obviously were shocked to see a young girl here. "Lucy, let me present to you our little troublemaker, Kaya!"

"She is a child!" she muttered, aghast. I glared at her.

"I'm 13." I corrected, before taking another bite of my brownie. Natsu smirked, and Lucy's eyes warmed weirdly. What do they have again?

"I'm Lucy, by the way." The stranger randomly informed me.

I scoffed. "Kaya Melvin."

Natsu rolled his eyes due to the girl's attitude. "Lucy just joined in, be nice!" I looked dead in Natsu's eyes.

"I'm always nice." I spat, grumpily.

"Well, most of the time." Happy appeared at her side, mocking the teen wizard.

"Nice to meet you, by the way." I muttered to Lucy. "Do not mind them, I'm not a morning person." I confessed. Lucy seemed to ease at those words. Gosh, that mage is as stressed a

Happy joked: "Seems someone's rent is coming, and you spent all your money in desserts." he messed with me and caught his tail, shaking him violently.

"Leave me alone!" I jerked him away.

Lucy clapped her to attract my attention. "Then Kaya, why don't you go on a mission with us? I also am short on money!" The celestial mage blurted out, excited.

Kaya did munch on her last bite of brownies. "Hmm... okay, just choose one mission which brings a lot of money."

The mage went to find a quest while Natsu put his elbow on the light mage's head, "She's cool! Isn't she?"

She sighed defeated. "Yeah yeah! But remove that arm right now, or I'm going to shove it into your...!"

Natsu moved away, and Mira came back taking away my plate with an innocent smile, Mirajane heard me very well...

The blonde mage came back rapidly, notifying Mira that we are taking this mission. Fighting bandits in a forest near Galuna. Yeah, should be easy and must come with a big reward. Soon enough, we left the guild to arrive in the train-station to the dragon slayer's disappointment.

"Don't even think about it! I'll use a tiny bit of magic or use Erza's way!" I warned him as he winced about motion sickness.

Lucy scoffed questioningly. "What is Erza's way?"

Happy squirmed and I executed myself. A hand struck violently on Natsu's neck. "This way." Natsu fell into sleepiness. "Much better in my opinion."

Lucy stared at me as if I was crazy, and I ignored her. I waited for our train to reach our destination.

It has been quite a time when Team Natsu was complete. Lucy joined the guild 3 months ago. That day, we were returning to the general quarters when the citizens would whisper worriedly behind our backs. Erza and Natsu scowled in front of their reaction. Kaya asked confused, "Why are they watching us like that?"

Natsu caught the mention of one talking too loudly, "They mustn't know about what happened recently..."

Gray fastened his pace. "Let's hurry up, we will ask the others as soon as we're back."

Advancing across the crowd, Fairy Tail's building would arise from the smaller construction surrounding Magnolia. Only, to our dread, the establishment stood like a skewer. A skewer filled with huge steel pillars. The team propelled the guild doors. Natsu's fist collapsed against a wooden foundation. "Who did that?" He interrogated darkly. That sent shivers through my spine.

"Phantom Lord." replied Makao sipping his beer gloomily in the early hours. All the family mourned the ancient edifice being torn. Mira sighed as Kaya proceeded towards the new bar. "Fortunately, there weren't any injuries."

"What?" Lucy queried bewildered.

"That doesn't make any sense" followed Erza in disbelief.

"They attacked at night when no one was present." informed Mirajane. The master sipped, dejected, he remained silent throughout their discussion. Kaya felt depressed at the thought of her home being discarded like this. She grew up here. This place carried on all her precious memories of her childhood...

"It's time to pay back!" shouted Natsu, angry at the inactivity of his companions. Makarof lighted off

"It is out of the question! I forbid you to go there!" His harsh voice echoed in the dreary basement.

Erza shrugged, agreeing, "We can't start a war with them. The argument of the guild's destruction won't be enough against the High Council."

Makarof inclined to Titania's wisdom, pursuing, "That is why we won't do anything for now. The most urgent matter is to rebuild the guild. We'll continue to take missions from here." his finger indicating the new board where quests were displayed.

Natsu gritted his teeth in anger, Kaya endured the same feelings. But opposite to Natsu, she wasn't as strong. She improved during these 6 years in the guild, yet she recognized that she was far from his level. She repressed her sorrow, easing herself; she took a dessert with Erza by her side. The red-headed woman perceived the teen's deception and made sure that Kaya wouldn't do something stupid, she tended to be as reckless as the Salamander when she wanted to.

 The red-headed woman perceived the teen's deception and made sure that Kaya wouldn't do something stupid, she tended to be as reckless as the Salamander when she wanted to

------------

Thank you readers, don't you worry, Kaya won't take part in every arc of Fairy Tail, I just wanted to develop her character a lot. I want to elaborate her relationship with all the other guild mates. That's why.

I hope you enjoyed that chapter because everything will get even more interesting from now on 

(message from Kaya: Hello everyone sorry if I'm a huge cry baby in the following chapters..             °(°.◜ᯅ◝°)°)