Ch30 Birdy won't fly away

------------

When the group discerned the eclipse gate, Kaya regretted instantly her decision. Hisui stood there with a troop of guards heavily armed. She bit her lower lips, they were trapped. Hisui smiled with sorrow towards Kaya.

"I'm sorry Kaya, I have to do this for my country." she explained, dutiful. Kaya tried to force the crowd of knights, helped by Natsu.

"You don't know what you're playing with, Hisui!" Kaya yelled, desperation tamed her tone. She quickly was blocked by the lifeguards of her friend.

Lucy raised her voice perplexed. "Are you friends with Princess Hisui, Anya?" Hisui watched Kaya forced to bow before the princess. 

"Wait a minute..." Wendy, whose hearing remained enhanced than most people, wrinkled at the previous words of the princess. "She called you Kaya?"

Everyone but Mirajane flinched, "What is all the meaning of this?" questioned commander Arcadios. 

Kaya's features lowered, speaking louder in the halls "Now is not the time!"

"Hisui, I beg of you! You are going to destroy the entire flow of time." Kaya cried, hoping her friend would listen to her.

The crown princess gathered magic power into the keys she held preciously to her chest, "Open Gate, Eclipse door." Silent screams escaped the lungs of Kaya. Tears of despair scattered her face.

A blinding glimmer spread in the underground space of Mercurius. Huge dragons fling out of the gate. The guards disappeared due to the threat appearing. "Lucy, Yukino, retrieve your keys and close the door!" shouted Kaya. Before hushing to the door, Kaya's touch boiled against the platinum material.

The angelic mage perceived the support of her comrades next to her. The door closed with difficulty. The gigantic door sealed itself. The population panicked when, in the sky, seven enormous dragons surveyed the folks below. Hisui shivered in disbelief, never had she thought her plan would turn sour like that...

Seven dragons, two dragon slayers here, the angelic mage turned to Natsu in a hurry, "You have to fight against one of them, quickly! We'll stay with Wendy here!" she yelled instructions.

Kaya directed a stern gaze on the princess, "Make an official notice to the population!! Ask the folks to evacuate and every capable mage to combat!"

Natsu left the scene, a greenish dragon over-viewed the heads of the mages, preparing to fight. Wendy shivered before the grand creature, Kaya inhaled deeply, her hand threw out her jewel, her full power unleashed on the battlefield.

"Let's slaughter that beast!"

One hour passed from the beginning of the fight, Wendy's attacks were not efficient against Zircone, the jade dragon. Kaya lost hope, she secretly wished for any allies to support them through the battle. Natsu wasn't here and Kaya enchanted Wendy's power to amplify her abilities. Yet the angelic mage had trouble even steadying her feet. Her breath itched in her lungs.

Lucy and Yukino still gave all their force to help, Mirajane maintained her Satan soul. Kaya stepped back off the battlefield, they wouldn't hold on much longer. She had to stay alert.

A loud crash swayed away the wizards in the air, Kaya jumped away from the tail of the large beast. Then the smoky veil flowed out of the blast. A blond imposing man blocked the second attack against the monster.

"Take care people," grunted Laxus, smirking at the people there, "The thunder god tribe is here!"

Kaya's smile brightened in place, a rise of relief melted on the white head. She inhaled heavily. Laxus did not notice the wanted girl he sought for, but his teammate did. Bickslow grinned, satisfied that he could witness her progress.