Chapter Fifty-One

A/N: Okay so here is the next instalment and we're nearly at the end! I was slow with the last update so you can have this one extra fast, and I'll try and get the last little bit up as soon as possible! As always, please leave your comments because they're amazing! I love you guys!

~ ~ ~

Derek and Stiles were allowed the pleasure of being alone for all of five minutes. Once that was interrupted Derek knew they weren't going to have another moment like it until he was back home recovering.

Erica and Scott came in quickly with Lydia and Jackson not far behind them. Boyd stood in the doorway with Derek and just gave Stiles a warm smile.

Erica nearly climbed into the bed with him to hug him, earning a low rumble of a growl from Derek to which they both just responded with gleeful smiles. Scott wrapped his arms around him and just held him for a moment. Stiles could tell that he seemed to need it more than he did. Lydia walked over to kiss him on the cheek, something that still made him blush, and Jackson found it in his heart to give him an affectionate pat on the foot.

"How's Allison?" he asked, looking up from the bed.

"She's a little groggy, can't really move her arm that well but she's good," Lydia said.

"She seemed kind of pissed she got shot," Jackson said with a shrug.

"You'd be pissed if you got shot," Erica said.

"I've been shot," he said. "Pissed off is a valid emotion."

"It's good to have you back," Scott said warmly and Stiles smiled up at him.

"Yeah well I'm getting pretty pissed at being the number one go-to for supernatural-related injury bullshit," he said.

"That's what happens when you're human," Jackson said, his eyes turning to look at Lydia for a moment.

"Hey, where's Isaac?" Stiles asked.

Scott put his head down a little and Erica piped up quickly. "He's catching up on some sleep, apparently hostage situations don't sit so well with him."

"Yeah well, I can relate," Stiles said, sinking back into the bed with a small sigh.

"Okay, how about we give him some of the air back in this room?" Derek said. "His dad will be back soon."

"Well I'm staying," Scott said firmly.

The rest of them made their way out of the room, Lydia and Jackson to the cafeteria while Erica went with Boyd to Daisy's room. She and Aiden looked at one another for a moment before she turned her gaze away and neither one said anything more.

The hospital was a flurry with teenagers for the rest of the day, not one of them ever giving Stiles a moment alone. The sheriff came in not long after Derek had called, face flushed and breathing heavily like he'd missed the elevator and ran up the stairs to see him.

He stood in the doorway staring at his son with a mix of both elation and disbelief and Stiles gave him a smile.

"I told you that you should lay off those curly fries," he said and the sheriff's face turned to a grin and he took long strides inside to pull Stiles into his arms.

Derek looked over at Erica and Scott who were still in the room and nodded out into the hall. Neither of them argued with him this time.

"I remember telling you to study hard and stay out of trouble," he said back and he felt Stiles chuckle through their embrace.

"Okay, you win," he said.

They pulled back and the sheriff put his hand on Stiles' cheek, eyes looking over the greenish bruising that ran along the line of his neck.