Chapter Thirty-Nine

A/N: Sorry this took so long guys! It was a little intense and also I've had so much stuff on like assignments and birthdays... so I wrote a little one-shot for my Fanfiction One Shots Book, it's called "Draw Me a Little More" and it's Sterek (:

So as an 'I'm sorry for making you wait' have the coffee-shop AU as well as a new chapter!

~ ~ ~

“Stiles, Stiles hold on!” Isaac said as Stiles rushed around collecting his keys and jacket.

“You want me to hang around and wait?” he asked incredulously. “Lydia just drew a picture of Derek’s burning house which is a pretty clear sign don’t you think?”

“You can’t just go out there alone! How the hell are you going to defend yourself?”

“I have a bat in my car,” he shrugged a little. “You can’t stop me Isaac.”

He was through the doors before Isaac could say another word. He grunted and paced back to Lydia who was staring down at her picture, brow furrowed and breathing heavily.

Isaac’s phone buzzed from where he had put it down on the table. He picked it up and was instantly assaulted by Peter’s snarling voice.

“Where’s Derek?” he asked.

“His old house, and we have a pretty strong reason to believe he’s in trouble,” Isaac said.

“Isaac we have to go out there,” Lydia said, finally looking up.

“Lydia we―”

“Someone is going to die out there,” she said and he knew that it was more than just a feeling.

Peter was no longer on the phone line and Isaac knew he was probably on his way there. They didn’t really have a choice anymore, they had to go.

Lydia grabbed her keys and they headed down to the woods, not really knowing what they were walking into.

Stiles probably drove faster than he ever has in his life.

He could hear the panic in his racing heart and he knew he hadn’t thought this through but what else could he do? He wasn’t about to let Katherine trick Derek into showing up and getting killed.

He didn’t know that the others hadn’t seen her in two days, he didn’t let Isaac explain that much. All he saw was Lydia’s drawing and that was enough to let him know that Derek was in danger, he just didn’t know who the real threat was.

His phone was ringing and he couldn’t tell whether it was Scott or Isaac or maybe Boyd who had tried to call twice already but he didn’t care. Nothing was going to stop him from going out there now.

He skidded around the corner, turning into the woods from the road.

He knew where Derek’s old house was and he knew a shortcut, he would still have to park the jeep and run.

Lydia and Isaac weren’t far behind him, driving on a different route and Isaac’s eyes were darting all over the place trying to see something – anything. He had called Scott as they were leaving and he wasn’t happy about it at all. Isaac hung up on him once they got into Lydia’s car knowing that they needed to concentrate.

Stiles pulled up and reached into the back for his bat before taking off running towards the house. He knew what he was going to come across, he could smell it in the air, but nothing prepared him for the sight he saw as he entered the clearing.