Chapter Twenty-Seven

A/N: Okay, so this ended up a little longer than I thought it would, I just wanted to fit the party into the one chapter and there was a lot going on... of course the party isn't over yet, it's only just begun!

                                                ~ ~ ~

Lydia set her socialite skills to work as soon as possible, by Sunday night people were already talking about this up-and-coming event. The fact that it was taking place in a loft surrounded by old warehouses made it that much cooler.

Friday night was all set to be one of the hottest nights of the social calendar and hopefully it would bring them one step closer to figuring out this new pack.

Communications between Erica and Boyd were tenuous. He didn’t know why she took the rap for him and she was still annoyed at him for seeing Daisy – even if he hadn’t seen her since Erica caught the two of them together. He was, however, meeting Daisy at their secret place by the lake that night, this time without Erica’s interruption.

No one really heard from her over the rest of the weekend, no one except Stiles, but the only one to really talk to him was Derek, and Scott, though his texts weren’t quite the same. Derek was anxious to see him after the weekend away. He would claim that it was because he missed the feeling of having him around, which was still the truth, rather than the humiliating fact that he just didn’t want Stiles to be gone for college.

He knew that the two of them wouldn’t be back until later that night, much later, being twelve hours away and all. He waited until about ten to head on over to their place on foot, waiting around for them to get home. It was almost an hour before he heard the familiar hum turning into the street and even before they had the doors open in the driveway Derek could feel Stiles’ scent embracing him.

“Oh my god I forgot what the ground felt like.” He chuckled as he heard Stiles groan the instant he was out of the car.

“We took a rest stop four hours ago.” His father griped. “Quit your whinging.”

“I will the second I feel my own bed underneath me.” He said, searching for his keys in his pocket.

“Oh you’re complaining about that? I was the one sleeping on a motel couch the last two nights.” The sheriff said as Stiles managed to get the door open.

“Yeah, yeah, quit your whinging…” The door shut behind them and Derek heard the tired laugh of the sheriff as they flicked the lock and both headed straight upstairs.

Derek waited a few minutes, almost worried that Stiles would just collapse into bed without even a text but it wasn’t long before he heard him prop the window up and the springs on his bed creak and bounce.

He smiled to himself as he crossed the road and climbed easily up the side of the house and onto the roof, slipping in silently through the window. He leant against the wall and folded his arms. Stiles rolled over with a big dopey grin on his face.

He swung his legs over and hopped up to throw himself into Derek, propelling him slightly off balance and kissing him hard on the mouth. Derek was still smiling and let out a laugh as he pulled his arms out from between them to wrap around him.