Chapter Thirty-Three

A/N: Okay guys, so this chapter has a lot going on, not as much relationship stuff but I tried to throw in some Scisaac at the end (:

~ ~ ~

 School always seemed like the strangest place to be when there was something sinister going on. Stiles and Isaac asked a million questions at lunch after Stiles spent most of chemistry filling Erica in on almost every single detail that Derek had given him the night before.

They were meeting at the loft that night, Karissa included. Something had to be done.

Boyd walked alone as he headed home for the afternoon. There were so many thoughts running through his head and he knew that many of them would be left unanswered. It’s funny, when he was a normal teenager all he ever wanted was to be different, and now all he wanted was to make it through school and get to graduation.

It was just one of those things.

A scent wafted over and engulfed him, familiar and sweet. He stopped in his tracks and turned to see Daisy standing behind him, her eyes wide and glassy.

“Hi Vernon,” she said with a small smile.

“Daisy,” he said, looking at her and waiting for… something.

The last time she sought him out was to tell him that he couldn’t trust her, that whatever they had couldn’t go on anymore.

“How have you been?”

“Busy,” he said.

She smiled a little, looking down with a nod. “I’m sorry for pushing you back, I never wanted to do that.”

“Well then tell me what you want Daisy. I really – I care about you,” he said.

“I know.”

He sighed. “Would things be different if we weren’t separated by our packs?”

She tilted her head. “What do you mean?”

“I know that you all came here looking for more werewolves,” he said quietly and she pursed her lips.

Her eyes became glassier and she looked up as if trying to will her tears back inside.

“Daisy… I don’t care about that, I’ve actually been thinking about it a lot recently.”

Her eyes snapped to him and she shook her head causing two sparkling drops to fall down her cheeks. “Well stop.”

“Can you please just tell me what’s got you acting like this? Are you leaving soon? Does this make it easier for you?”

“No Vernon, it doesn’t!” she raised her voice and gave him an incredulous look. “Nothing about this is easy! I’m acting like this because I love you and now things are more complicated than they should have been to start with!”

He paused for a minute and she knew what she said. “So talk to me Daisy, I know you want to tell me what’s wrong here.”

“You don’t understand, and you need to tell your friend Erica – if you really care about her – you need to tell her to stay with her own pack.”

“Is this about Katherine?”

“She knows that the Maeve is here, and she knows that you’re working with her,” she said and Boyd stiffened up. “She doesn’t know why but I am telling you that you do not want to make her angry.”

He took a few steps towards her but she just turned on the side and let out a sob.

“You think we’re betas? Me… Aiden and Ethan? We’re not!” she said. “Everything is a power trip with her! Omegas are easy to control and if you exert enough pressure you can demote betas to these pathetic little lap-dogs… She doesn’t like when things are out of her control and Derek working with the Maeve has her crazy, even more eager for us to bring you in.”