Chapter Thirty-Five

A/N: Okay, so bear with me as we get through more story here, I promise there will be some more fluff and adorableness to come, I just need to set this up so you're not disappointed! I hope you like it guys, really I do xo

~ ~ ~

“So let me get this straight,” Cassie said, her boots resting up on the table as she leant back in her chair. “We kept this thing alive, tortured her, took her blood, and held her hostage for weeks, almost months, just to slit her throat and string her up in the woods?”

“You know, it would help if you would listen to me when I explain things to you,” Cal said, spreading out maps and photos on the table with a scowl shooting across to Cassie.

“It would help if you explained them better,” she narrowed her eyes at him, tapping a pencil against her teeth.

“We held her until the right moment,” he said. “Long enough to draw the other two in, so when they saw her there, saw what we did to her,” he grinned, the image flashing across his eyes. “They got angry and now they’re riled up. It’ll make it easier to lure them in. Any little thing we leave for them to find, they’ll follow.”

“And then we’ll move on to the wolves?” she asked.

He nodded, turning around to take the beer off the kitchen bench and took a sip. “We’ll start with the smaller pack.”

“Why not Hale and his lot? They’re connected to the two Maeve’s, won't that be easier?”

"They’re stronger, we haven’t dealt with a pack that big before,” Cal said.

“We don’t know that all of them are wolves yet, some of them are human,” Cassie said and Cal rolled his eyes a little.

“You hoping lover-boy’s not involved in this?” he sneered. “He’s involved.”

“I know he is, that doesn’t mean that he’s one of them.”

“Believe what you want to believe,” Cal said. “They’re too strong for us to test out our methods on them, we need a smaller pack, one that will be easier to manipulate.”

“We’ve dealt with wolves before, they weren’t so difficult to dismantle.”

“Lone wolves, packs are different. Didn’t you listen to what Stancliff taught you?”

Cassie dropped her eyes from his gaze, staring at her feet up on the table. “Of course I did,” she said quietly.

“We go for the smaller pack first, then once we’re done with them we’ll move onto Derek and his lot. Right now we need to focus on the two subjects we have left.”

“We still have their mother’s blood stored up right?” Cassie asked and Cal nodded. “What are you doing with that again?”

He shrugged, “I’m using some of it for our immunity and the rest… I have a buyer to send it to. I told you that stuff was worth a fortune.”

“It should be,” Cassie smiled a little.

“It’s not worth as much because she hadn’t been feeding traditionally, at least not in the last few months,” he said. “Now we have to work out a plan to lure in the others, any ideas?”

“Well, your first plan worked a charm,” Cassie grinned.

“I don’t think it will work on these two, not in the state they’re in.”

“Why not?”

“They’re not going to care very much for a sad, scared little girl.”

Cassie narrowed her eyes at him, “I am not a little girl.”