Chapter Forty-Five

A/N: Hi guys, sorry for being MIA recently. Life has been a little hard as of late, but I hope you like this chapter, I promise next one will be more... emotionally wrought, not that I expect that to comfort you much!

Please let me know what you think! xo

~ ~ ~

Stiles and Jackson sat quietly in the room, both of them tired and in pain after god knows how long waiting for Cassie and Cal to come back. In reality it had only been about twenty-five minutes but their sense of time was beyond a mess right now.

“You think they’re going to kill him?” Jackson asked.

“Only if… only if Derek doesn’t stop them,” Stiles said.

“Or maybe he’ll just get killed too,” Jackson said.

“You’re just a ball of sunshine aren’t you?”

“Sorry I think I left my optimism back at the loft,” he said.

“Yeah well let’s hope Derek picked it up,” Stiles muttered.

“Is that a joke? At least you haven’t lost your sense of humour,” he sighed.

Stiles closed his eyes again, trying to contain his tears as he thought about what might be happening and the fact that he was sitting there useless.

“Hey Jackson?” he said and Jackson looked up at him.

“Yeah?”

“Do me a favour, look over into that corner and tell me what you see,” he said.

“What am I supposed to be looking for?” he asked as he craned his neck and tried to get as high as he could.

“Just… what do you see?”

He focussed his eyes and used his nose to fill in the gaps. “It’s a body.”

“Alive?”

“Just… I can hear her heart beating anyway,” he said.

“It’s Daisy, right? It’s her,” Stiles asked, almost already sure.

“I think so, smells like her,” Jackson said. “It’s faint but I recognise it.”

Stiles sighed, the ache in his chest throbbing, not just from his bruises.

“We need a plan,” he said.

“Okay, I’ll yell at them and you throw sarcasm their way,” Jackson said.

“I don’t know, you see pretty good at the sarcasm.”

“Alright, okay, fine. Did you have anything in mind?”

“Cassie, the girl,” Stiles began. “I’m almost entirely sure that she’s in love with Isaac.”

“Why?” Jackson asked.

“Why what? Why do I think that or why is she in love with him?”

“… both.”

“You’re an idiot, would you just listen to me?” Stiles snapped.

“You think you’re the only one who uses sarcasm as a defence mechanism?” Jackson snapped back.

“Okay, we have to stop arguing, alright? I know the situation isn’t doing either of our moods any favours but take this seriously for one fucking minute,” Stiles said.

Jackson sighed. “She loves him, huh?”

“I think so, I mean I already sort of suspected that but all this quality time I’ve spent with her has made it even clearer.”