Chapter Forty-Two

A/N: I know it's been ages, and thanks for being patient! I hope you guys like this chapter, I'm not sure about it but please comment and let me know what you think!

xo love you guys

~ ~ ~

When Stiles woke up his head was throbbing and his hip was aching, probably from where he had been thrown into the back of his jeep. His vision was blurry and as he sat up he realised his hands were in chains and he was lying on a cement floor.

As he slowly came to he saw someone standing in front of him. He blinked a few times and looked up to see Cassie standing there just staring down.

“You’re awake,” she said. “For a second there I thought I zapped you too hard.”

“Where did you take me?” he grunted as he tried to sit up.

He heard a scoff from somewhere off to the right and tried to look up but his head was absolutely pounding. His eyes slowly adjusted and he was able to get a good look at the room he was in.

It seems to be some kind of abandoned factory and they were probably out back in one of the holding areas. He could see there was a table and chairs over to one side but otherwise there were boxes and crates and old metal structures that obscured most of his vison of the room. His chains were locked around his wrists and attached to the wall, virtually unbreakable, for him anyway.

Cassie had her arms folded as she looked down at him and Cal leant up against the door with a scowl on his face.

“Keep an eye on him,” he said, turning to leave the room. “I’ve got work to do.”

Cassie’s shoulders relaxed a little as she watched him disappear through the doors.

“What time is it?” he asked, still looking around.

She shrugged, “Probably later than you’re thinking.”

“Why am I here?” he grunted.

“You ask a lot of questions,” Cassie said, grabbing the water bottle from the stack of crates beside her and handing it to him.

He looked at it cautiously and she rolled her eyes.

“It’s not poison or anything if that’s what you’re wondering,” she said.

“Oh, well if my kidnapper tells me it’s not poison then clearly I have no reason to be doubtful,” he said.

She narrowed her eyes, “I take it back, maybe I should have zapped you harder.”

She put the bottle within his grasp and turned around, walking back towards the table and looking over something. He looked down at it, he was really thirsty.

“Just take the water,” she said without looking up. “If the whole point was killing you we would have done it by now.”

“Oh yeah? Well what is the point?” Stiles asked, stretching awkwardly and trying not to drop the bottle despite the fact that his hands were too close to one another.

“You’re a smarty pants, figure it out,” she said.

“I can’t believe I didn’t put this together sooner,” he grumbled, taking a sip and instantly feeling a little better. “I mean come on, it’s so obvious.”

“Well maybe you’re not at intuitive as you thought,” she said, looking over at him like she was already sick of his voice.

“Or maybe you’re just a psychopath who can keep the crazy locked up long enough to have everyone fooled,” he said.