Chapter Thirteen

A/N: Okay, this chapter is a bit longer, hope you guys like!

                                            ~ ~ ~

“You’re really not helping Scott.” Isaac said and Scott tried to calm him down before heading into his house for dinner.

“Well what else can I say? It’ll be fine.”

“You know what, I might believe you if you didn’t have that look on your face.”

“What look?” Scott said, trying to change his expression.

“That look like you’re about to have a panic attack.”

He sighed. “Sorry, I can't help it. She hasn’t said a word to me all day and now we’re supposed to go in there and – what? Have some big weird family dinner?”

Isaac groaned. “This is going to be painful, and not in the good way.”

“Maybe don’t say things like that at the table.” Scott said, smiling through his panicked expression.

“Of course I’m not going to say things like that! God, why is this making me so nervous?” Isaac pulled at the collar of his navy blue button up shirt and Scott looked him up and down.

“Where did you get that shirt?” He asked.

“It’s Derek’s.” Scott raised an eyebrow.

“Derek leant you a shirt?”

“Well, Stiles leant me one of Derek’s shirts, I don’t even care what he says about it because he laughed when I told him I was coming over here so screw him. Is it obvious that it’s not mine?”

Scott thought that it fit him pretty well, too well in fact. If he wasn’t so worried he would actually find it pretty hot. Then he screwed up his nose, remembering that it belonged to Derek. “Dude, you smell like Derek… and kind of like Stiles.”

“Don’t want to think about that.”

“Me either.”

Isaac managed a tiny smile before exhaling heavily and purposefully. “So, are we just going to sit across the street all night or are we actually going to go in there and get this damn thing over with?”

Scott sighed. “Can we just stay out here? It might be safer.”

“No, now get in there so you can answer the door for me?” He pleaded.

“Fine.” He gave Isaac a fleeting kiss before running back across the street and scaled the wall up to his bedroom window.

Once he was inside Isaac waited long enough for him to get downstairs casually before heading across the street to the somehow ominous door that seemed a lot bigger than it used to.

He didn’t even feel his feet moving as it got closer. This is ridiculous, he thought to himself. It’s just Scott’s mom, she’s not that scary. Who am I kidding she’ll kill me! He steadied himself and walked up the porch steps until he was ready to knock.

Slowly he raised his close fist and knocked on the hard wooden door. He heard Scott say ‘I’ll get it’ and rush to the door, opening it with an apologetic face and offered him his hand.

“Maybe not.” Isaac said, looking more than a little uncomfortable.

Scott took his hand anyway, giving it a slow squeeze and shooting him a smile. “It’s going to be fine.” He said softly and all Isaac wanted was to curl up in his bed wrapped up in his arms. “Besides, this is what you wanted remember.” He teased.