Chapter Nine

A/N: Thanks for all your support guys! It's really appreciated! I fear this story could be longer than the last, I'm already over 30 000 words and it's only been two weeks! My typing fingers hate me... Oh well :)

Be sure to check out the latest story trailer on the side! This one should definitely work!

                                                    ~ ~ ~

“Tell me again why we’re meeting them by your old burned out house?” Erica asked as the four of them walked towards the old Hale house.

Isaac’s stomach had been turning all day in anticipation. He really wished that Derek had told them over a week ago about this new pack, it all seemed to be happening faster than he could think it through. At least thoughts of this were keeping his mind occupied on something – anything – other than what he knew was swimming around in his brain.

“It’s not like you can miss the place, it sort of sticks out.” Peter said.

“He’s right; they’ll know it when they see it. No surprises.” Derek said.

“Are you sure they even got your message?” She asked Peter.

“Well, it would have been hard for them not to.”

“Please don’t tell me you put a spiral on their door or something.” She said.

“Obviously not, I spoke to one of the betas. I managed to catch her alone.” He said with a hint of deviousness in his voice and Derek didn’t like it.

“I know I’m not your alpha but sometimes I wish you would think before you just went ahead and did things.” Derek growled.

“What? She didn’t seem too worried about it.”

“You’re being awfully quiet.” Erica said to Isaac, slowing her pace to walk beside him.

He shrugged. “There’s no point in bickering with you. Isn’t that why I’m here? To keep quiet?”

“No, you just seem to be neutral on most things and unlike the rest of us you almost never question Derek. I thought that might be useful.” She said.

“You should have let Boyd come instead of you.” He said.

“Why?” she narrowed her eyes.

“He’s pretty similar to me in those respects don’t you think?”

“Yeah but he looks like he could take someone’s head off in one swipe.” She said.

“I guess that’s true.”

“You still didn’t really answer my question. Why are you so quiet? You’re not fighting with Scott are you?” She sounded less than thrilled about talking to him about it and he scoffed.