Chapter Forty-Three

A/N: Thanks so much for your wonderful comments, if I don't thank you guys individually know that I appreciate ALL of you!

If you have any questions for me about the story OR the third part to this series, please leave them in the comments and I'll reply as soon as I can!

~ ~ ~

By morning the next day Stiles was starving.

He hadn’t eaten since breakfast the day before, thinking he would just go home to dinner. Cassie and Cal had left him alone from the early hours, he had been slipping in and out of sleep all night.

Just before midday they returned, Cal taking out his knife and heading to the same corner as the night before. Stiles had tried to see what they were doing but he couldn’t quite strain his head that way.

Cassie had stopped to look at Stiles for a moment, walking around the table and reaching into her bag. She pulled out a protein bar and tossed it over to him without saying a word.

He grabbed it and tore into the packet. Normally he probably would have turned his nose up at it but right in that moment it was a five star meal.

Cassie walked over to one of the boxes and pulled out some unopened packages. Stiles watched as she unwrapped them and began sorting their contents. They appeared to be bullets, possibly some kind of herbs as well, no doubt that they weren’t werewolf-friendly.

After a while Cal came back in, wiping his hands on a red smeared rag. He looked over at Stiles and tossed the cloth over to Cassie, folding his arms as he titled his head.

“I think it’s time we got to know each other a little better,” he said.

“You’re only saying that because you want something from me,” Stiles said sarcastically and Cal laughed.

“You’re a funny guy Stiles, what kind of a name is Stiles anyway?”

“He’s pretty secretive about his first name,” Cassie said without looking up and Cal glared at her for a moment.

“It’s a nickname,” he said and Cal shrugged.

“So, Stiles,” he said, “What exactly do you know about us?”

“Not a lot,” he said.

Cal smiled a little, crouching down beside him and narrowing his eyes. “What I asked, was what you knew, not what you don’t,” he said before his fist was colliding with Stiles’ jaw.

Cassie’s head snapped up at Stiles’ cry and her hands stilled as she watched the two of them.

He recoiled quickly, wincing in pain and spitting a little blood onto the concrete beside him as his chained hands reached up to hold his aching jaw.

“So let’s try again,” Cal said calmly. “What do you, and all of your little canine friends know about us?”

Stiles looked up at him and sighed, his jaw still throbbing. “They don’t know who you are, they know there’s at least two of you, and that you’re hunting super natural species,” he said. “I’m the only one who knows that it’s you two doing it.”

“You haven’t told them yet? You don’t want to lie to me,” Cal said.

“No, I was on my way to tell my dad when you knocked me out and stole my jeep, where is the jeep by the way?” Stiles asked and Cal grinned.

“Wouldn’t you like to know,” he said. “What do you know about us?”

“I just told you,” he said.