Chapter Two

A/N: Loving your feedback guys, you're all super awesome, keep it up!

                                                            ~ ~ ~

The next morning Melissa was standing downstairs stirring her coffee when she heard the two boys upstairs staring to argue, loudly this time.

She couldn’t quite make out what they were saying but she knew that there was something wrong. It’s probably just some teenage nonsense that I’m far too old for now, she thought, or it could be some werewolf nonsense that I really don’t need to deal with. Either way she just sat down and tried not to pry as she read the morning paper.

She heard a door slam and some heavy feet that she knew to be her son’s come galumphing down the stairs. He had his bag slung over his shoulder and a scowl on his face as he stormed past the kitchen.

“Morning Scott!” She called.

“I’ll see you after school mom!” He called back and she flinched at the sound of the front door slamming behind him.

He’s always been a door slammer when he gets angry. When he’s just annoyed he gives you a blank stare and just shuts the door on you. Melissa thought about it again and heard the second set of feet come walking down the stairs, slower this time.

Isaac walked into the doorway and gave Melissa a weak smile. “Sorry about all the noise.” He said.

“Is he okay?” she asked.

Isaac nodded. “Yeah, just some pack stuff.” He lied.

Melissa sighed, “I thought that might be it. I swear I’ll never get used to this werewolf thing.” She chuckled a little and Isaac just nodded again. She cocked her eyebrow at him. “Are you sure he’s okay?” She asked again.

“Yeah, he’ll be fine.”

“Are you okay?”

He shrugged. “Yeah, I’m great, just fine.”

“You know you can talk to me if you need to Isaac, I know you’ve had some bad things happen in your life and… well if you do need anyone to talk to I really don’t mind.” She gave him a smile but unfortunately that just made him feel worse.

“I know, thanks Ms McCall.” He said as he hitched up his backpack and headed for the door.

“Teenage boys…” she muttered to herself before taking a sip of her coffee.

Stiles –

Last day of the first week, I am seriously starting to wish it was over already because this year is going to be a bitch. Not to mention that we have prom coming up and I am totally not going to be able to take Derek.

I mean the school is a little more flexible about that kind of stuff now, but Derek is like, in his twenties and I’m still seventeen so they’re probably not going to be so hot on that. It’s mostly because Derek would rather die than come to the prom with me because he just doesn’t do that.

His idea of going out for dinner is buying take-out and sitting in the forest or other such uninhabited places. Don’t get me wrong it’s fucking awesome but dinner with actual plates would be nice sometime too.

Anyway he practically kicked me out of the loft earlier because he had some super-secret werewolf shiz-nit to see to. He wouldn’t tell me what it was but I seriously hope that Peter has nothing to do with it.