Chapter Forty-Four

A/N: Sorry about the late update! It was my birthday and then I got stuck on this chapter for a while, and I didn't want to update until it was the best I could do!

Hope you like it guys!

~ ~ ~

It wasn’t long after Cassie had given Stiles more water that the two were preparing for something, and by the looks of it, something big.

They were dressed in all black, their faces masked and Cal had a big bag slung over his shoulder. They had also set up a spot next to Stiles with more chains so it was likely that he wouldn’t be alone when they got back.

It seemed like hours that they were gone. Stiles had finished his water and he was craving food again. His hip ached and his jaw hurt when he moved it, his throat had settled down a little after the water but he could still feel where the chain had been, nipping at his skin and crushing his throat.

He tried to break the chains, he knew it was a hopeless struggle but he had to try. Tears stung his eyes as his frustration boiled over. He’d never once been able to sit still and this alone was torture.

When he heard a door being opened somewhere on the other side of the building he felt hopeful for a moment that maybe they’d found him, maybe Scott or Derek or his father would walk through the door and unchain him. He lost it all the second he saw Cassie walk through, her hair damp and her boots dirty as she walked over to pull back the chains.

Stiles felt sick to his stomach and watched as Cal dragged someone into the room, dropping him beside Stiles. It was Jackson.

“Move those chains,” he said and Cassie pulled them away further while Cal shoved Jackson further back.

Cassie pulled out a black lock and as they chained up his hands, locking him to the wall. Once that was done she took out a little packet of mountain ash, spreading it in a circle around him.

Once it was done Cal headed straight out and Cassie walked over to the table, reaching into her bag and throwing another protein bar at Stiles.

He almost said thanks, instead he tried something else.

“So Cal seems like a nice guy,” he said and she narrowed her eyes, walking slowly over to him.

“What has Isaac told you?” she asked.

“What do you mean?”

“What has Isaac told you about me?” she said, slower this time.

“What about you?”

“Don’t make me take that bar off you,” she said.

“He said you’re his old friend, he said you guys were close, really close, he said you kissed him after the frat party in Denver,” he said.

She gave him a smile, her nostrils flaring. “Anything else?”

His brow furrowed as he looked up at her. “Is there anything else?”

Her eyes clouded over before she turned and walked away.

“No,” she said coldly and Stiles just sighed, hoping that someone knew Jackson was missing too.

He shifted a little, everything aching painfully as he watched Jackson stir a little. He was covered in blood and his clothes were tatty and dirty – not a look that he would ever be happy with.

Cassie was sitting at the table, Stiles couldn’t quite see what she was doing but her fingers were ghosting over the bruise on her cheek as she looked down at something on the table.