Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/N: So I got a few questions for you! hopefully you can indulge me with some answers in your wonderful comments my darlings! I hope you like this chapter and don't mind the addition of stories for the rest of the pack too!

                                          ~ ~ ~

Katherine smiled wryly. “So you do know who I am.”

“Yes. I’ve heard enough about you to recognise you.” Erica said, holding her head up to hide her nervous energy.

“Well then I suppose we can skip our introductions.”

“Why are you here?” Erica asked.

“I already told you that, I came to see you.” Katherine said.

“I don’t believe that.”

“Did I stutter?” She said harshly. “Did my heart beat skip?” Erica shook her head. “No, I didn’t think so. Now I know you’re not going to run screaming to Derek that I'm here, in fact I’d wager you don’t fancy going inside for at least a little while longer yet.”

“And why would you bet on that?”

“Where is the dignity in running? Do I frighten you?” Katherine said with a smile.         

“What do you want?” Erica said, frozen in place and determined to stay strong.

Katherine tilted her head to the side. “How many times do I have to tell you that I just want to talk before you take my word for it?

Erica looked her up and down. “Why?” She asked.

Katherine smiled. “What possible reason do you think I could have for it? I can give you one; you’re the weak link, the easy target, the damsel in distress.” Erica stiffened, breathing slowly out through her nose to keep herself calm. “Is that the answer you’d give me? Or is that the answer your pack would come to?” Erica still said nothing, her words slowly trickling in and milling around in her mind. “Well it’s not the answer I would give.”

“No?” Erica asked. “It seems like a good reason. Cut Achilles’ heel and you’ve found a way to take down the rest of the man.”

Katherine’s lips were still smiling and her eyes shone in the latent moonlight. “It would be if I was trying to dismantle Derek and the rest of them, but that’s not my intention.”

“So what is your intention or are we going to skirt around this topic for the rest of the night?” She said.

“Now you see, that is exactly why you are no weak link. I’ve been watching you Erica and I know for a fact that weak is not what you are. You’re so much stronger than you give yourself credit for but maybe that’s because others are keeping you from realising your full potential.”