~Family Tree~ Von Durchdenwald Descendants (AU)

Bertina von Durchdenwald would be Heinrich's great-great-granddaughter (I'm too lazy to put them into categories)

The family also speaks English

~-~

June, 1872
(In a small village in Munich, Germany)

"I don't see the point in going to the castle!"
"Well, you should! Your ancestors would be ashamed of you saying something like that!"
"As if I care!"

Freida scoffed at her daughter and moved towards her window, opening it and allowing the fresh air to come in. She leaned against the window for a moment before walking over to the board filled with little figurines of their ancestors and their Kingdom from long ago. Freida circled around it with crossed arms. "Do you remember the story of this Kingdom? How important it is to our family name?" Bertina sat up from her bed, staring at Freida, annoyed. "I don't care..." Freida ignored Bertina and told the story. "Its name is long forgotten, but the people are not." Freida picked up one of the little wooden figurines painted with such detail.

"It was ruled by a young and strong King who was very loved by his people and three sisters." The mother picked up three other figurines and placed them on these little thrones. "And when he got married, the Queen grew busy with learning royalty. Because of her learning, the King decided to get revenge on the death of his parents. He immediately started war against France." Freida moved other figurines onto the board as she told the story. "But the King of Germany grew too greedy, too paranoid, and thought very highly of himself. Which resulted in the Kingdom and country falling apart." Freida chucked the board to the ground, watching the little figurines roll on the wooden floor.

"Good story."
"Ugh..."

Freida rubbed the bridge of her nose in annoyance. "It is not just a story, Bertina. It is what Heinrich, Emma, Gertrude, and Hildegard had to go through. And Katherine... that poor lady..." Freida picked the figurines and board back up before making her way to Bertina's room door. "Wasn't Heinrich crazy or something?" Bertina raised a brow as she asked the question - to which Frieda didn't really answer. "Most King's and Queen's are, my child." She gave Bertina a small smile. She pointed at Bertina's nightwear with a scowl. "Now change. We have to be by the castle at noon." Freida slammed the door shut and her footsteps could be heard walking away. Bertina sighed and ran a hand through her dark brown hair.