𝗯𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗻𝗲𝘆/𝗯𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘆

"ALRIGHT WHO CAN TELL ME WHO CHRISTOPHER CROSS IS?" mr schue asked

"he discovered america" brittany said as phoebe and finn both nodded in agreement

"close, he did write an iconic chart topper, "sailing"

"and when did this song come out? eighteen seventy" phoebe muttered to santana who chuckled

"now some people think of the term "easy listening" as a bad thing, but i'm going to let this music speak for itself. you guys love lady gaga and the rolling stones... and you guys are really good about putting it all out there. but really good music can also be controlled, and restrained it doesn't have to attack an audience, it can let them come to you." mr schue said while passing out music sheets.

"mr schue? if i may." kurt raised his hand. "i think i speak for all of us when i say it's not that we don't love the idea of spending a week on this silky smooth adult contemporary. it's just that, as teens, this isn't the easiest music for us to relate to. however, there is a burgeoning facebook campaign that has swelled to over five members. the ardent demand, that this week, at the fall homecoming assembly, the mckinley high school glee club perform a number by... wait for it.. ms britney spears."

everyone got excited at the thought of possibly doing a britney number for the school assembly before mr schue turned it down as he always did. 

"sorry, kurt, sorry. i don't think she's a very good role model."

"but mr schue, we kind of grew up with her." rachel tells their teacher

"she literally why i wanted to become a performer"

"i don't want to do britney" brittany spoke up

"why no britney,brittany? kurt asked.

"because my name is also brittany spears." she answered while everyone turned their heads at her, with confused looks. "my middle name is susan, my last name is pierce. that makes me brittany s. pierce. brittany spierce. i've lived my entire life in britney spears's shadow. i will never be as talented or as famous. i hope you'll all respect that i want glee club to remain a place where i, brittany s. pierce, can escape the torment of britney spears."

"well, there you have it, guys it's been decided no britney,sorry" mr schue said ready to move on from the topic of britney spears.

"thanks a lot brittany thanks"

"leave brittany alone" phoebe snapped as she spun around to glare at kurt before going back to comforting her friend

"thanks for understanding it's been a hard road"

                                  ੈ✩‧₊˚‧₊˚