𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁

MCKINLEY HIGH WAS EXPERIENCING A POWER OUTAGE

MCKINLEY HIGH WAS EXPERIENCING A POWER OUTAGE. and mr schue thought it would be a good idea for the new directions to have a lesson in the dark. this week's lesson was to strip down music, so basically, acoustic music.

phoebe loved the assignment for the week, as she had always loved playing with her guitar and the piano.

sam decided he'd participate first, also loving the assignment for the week. he had asked mr schue if he could go first. wanting to sing the song and dedicate it to his girlfriend. and mr schue happily agreed.

"alright, i know these conditions aren't ideal, but i want to thank you guys for toughing it out. and we have our first volunteer, who is going to show us how to get back to basics and strip it down. so lets hear it for sam."

sam got up from his seat to grab his guitar as everyone softly clapped for him.

"thanks. um, well, when mr schue started talking about being big. i started thinking about phil spector's legendary wall of sound, and how he would use, like thousands of instruments so his songs could really fill a stadium." sam said, as he sat down on the chair that was in front of his friends.

"and then, i started thinking about stripping, um, out of all the extra noise to get to the essence of the song. plus, my mom said that i was conceived to this song. and uh, phoebe and i are probably gonna conceive our kids to this song too so yeah, i kind of literally owe my existence to the righteous brothers."

phoebe's eyes widened in shock and her cheeks reddened at what sam had just confessed to everyone, as everyone else gave him looks of confusion.  phoebe then decided to end sam's ranting there. "sam, sweetie."

sam quickly understood what his girlfriend meant, as he prepared to sing the song. "right, anyways, uh, here it goes."

(YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN' FEELIN' SUNG BY SAM)

phoebe couldn't help but to smile as she watched sam sing, she slowly moved side to side as she continued to watch her boyfriend. she started to sing along, making sam smile and stare at her for the rest of the song.

but, something had been bugging him. sam could see artie continuously looking down at his phone, which was rude of him because the others had been enjoying the performance, while he was too busy looking at his phone.

brushing it aside, sam continued to perform. once he finished, artie stopped looking at his phone and clapped with the others. sam placed his guitar down and went to sit next to phoebe. he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and kissed her cheek.

"wow, you see that, guys? that's the kind of power and passion we need for regionals. good job, sam"

phoebe clapped again softly, intertwining her hands with sam's. "good job, baby"