𝗳𝘂𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹

"NEW DIRECTIONS

"NEW DIRECTIONS...I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE YOU TO OUR NEW SHOW CHOIR CONSULTANT jesse st. james."  mr schue said as jesse stood next to him.

"i don't trust this guy, he's gonna trick us into doing something stupid so his alma mater wins." finn said annoyed and mad that jesse was helping them for nationals.

"i don't need to do much tricking to get you to do something stupid, finn."

"guys, jesse is just a consultant, i still make all the calls, i have all the confidence in the world in you guys. i just think we could use all the help we can get because, this is it. we've been working so hard for two years for this moment, and that moment is finally here. i was talking with jesse and he agreed we should continue with our successful trend of doing original songs for the competition. i was thinking of doing one group number and one duet."

"rachel and i should sing a duet. we killed it last year at regionals with 'faithfully."

"yeah, it killed us we lost" quinn said annoyed at the fact her boyfriend wanted to do a duet with rachel.

"may i?" jesse asked mr schue, who nodded. "i agree rachel should sing lead, but, finn, i think it's best if you sit this one out. the fact is, most of the other guys in here are better singers. and mike chang, who can't even sing, can at least dance. you kind of sing and dance like a zombie who has to poop."  phoebe hid her head on sam's shoulder to stop herself from laughing.

"you see what i'm talking about? this guy's a jerk!" finn yelled as some of the members began to laugh.

"maybe you could be a little gentler with your advice." mr schue said as he turned to jesse. "gentle? i'm sorry. i didn't realize we were training for the good try ribbon at nationals. i thought we were in in to win the whole damn thing, and there's only one way we can do that?"

"poison darts." brittany said, but got ignored by jesse. "the vocal adrenaline strategy is simple, identify your best performer and build the entire performance around them."

"who's our star performer?"

"we're gonna have auditions to find out. I'm gonna post a sign up sheet later this afternoon."

"mr schue, don't you think this is kinda not our style? finn asked.

"normally i'd agree with you, but this is the big time. i think we should listen to jesse."