𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸

"IF YOU SAY SO", that stupid four letter world had been running through phoebe's head repeatedly

"IF YOU SAY SO", that stupid four letter world had been running through phoebe's head repeatedly. the last words her best friend ever said to her. it had been three weeks since finn passed away and phoebe wasn't doing well at all. she hadn't left her room in two weeks the only time she did was when she had to go to finn's funeral but apart from that she locked herself away in her bedroom to cry.

she didn't know how she was going to move on with her life knowing she was never going to see her best friend again. phoebe couldn't remember a time when finn wasn't in her life. he had been there since the day he had stolen and ate her crayon's in kindergarten.

phoebe kept getting flashbacks of when she found out. kurt was the one who had told her what happened and she didn't believe him at first, how could she. but once she had seen carole standing in her living room sobbing into her mother's shoulder she knew kurt wasn't lying anymore.

"phoebe, it's finn" kurt told the girl mere seconds after answering the phone. phoebe could tell by the tone in his voice that something was wrong.

the day finn passed away, was the day that they were supposed to hang out. phoebe had gotten up extra early that day because she was excited to see her best friend again.

"this isn't real, this isn't real" she kept telling herself.

but as the seconds passed into hours, she stared to believe that he really was gone, and it wasn't some sick joke someone was trying to pull on her.

her parents had been home that day and when they heard deafening screams coming from their daughters room they knew something was wrong. they did everything they could to calm her down even though it was impossible. their little girl had lost her best friend. her favourite person.her childhood best friend.

finn was phoebe's platonic soulmate, they'd do everything together. he was her first love. and she was his. he was always there for her and she had always been there for him. that's how it always was.

phoebe had finally got the courage to attend school after spending time locked away. and mr schue had decided to do a tribute to their quarterback, asking past,present and the new members of glee club to join. phoebe sat alone far away from the group of people not wanting to talk to anyone at the moment. she hadn't spoken to sam since prom but he understood she needed her space, she's in more pain then anyone right now, and she needed to be alone.

seeing her teacher write finn's name across the board made phoebe choke out a sob, she could still hear his voice and sometimes it felt as if he was standing right next to her.