Chapter 1

"We are back together" Way didn't need to read these four words to know what was going on. He knew that it could be one of the only few reason to prevent Babe from coming to their date. Way took a moment to reply to that message, he felt so stupid for putting all that effort into preparing for a confession that would have led nowhere. He wiped away the tears from his cheeks and typed a short answer:

"I'm happy for you two"

"Happy? Aren't you going to tell me to be careful? That maybe things are different from what they look like?" Babe replied after some time. Way wasn't exactly surprised by that answer, he thought that Babe felt like chatting after his dear Charlie fell asleep and that was exactly the case.

"You're back with him, I suppose that you've analyzed the evidence before making your choice clear. I trust your judgement, Babe. Enjoy your time with him, text me if you need anything" Way replied and put the phone away.

He ignored the next message Babe sent him. As he got home, he plugged the charging cable into the phone and left it on the marble counter of the living room. He washed his face and then looked at his reflection in the mirror, he almost felt relieved as he noticed that his face was emotionless, at least nobody would have questioned anything the following day at the garage.

His mind started racing, he thought about Charlie, it was the first time he really thought about Charlie as a person, not as just his rival. When Babe and Charlie started dating, Way felt superior, he thought that he could demonstrate that he was a much better choice than Charlie, but now he realized that it wasn't a matter of better or worse, he simply wasn't Charlie, and that was enough to make it impossible for Babe to love him.

Tears started flowing again, he quickly felt the heat in head increasing, it was time to sleep. Way swallowed a few of his usual pills and rested his head against the soft pillow. He closed his eyes and soon fell asleep. It was so fast, that it looked more like he fainted because of exhaustion, that wasn't exactly far from the truth.

What was supposed to be a night of rest and peace, quickly turned into hell. Way found himself in the garage of his team, a white light covered everything, making it look like an operating theater.

"Way, stop it... I don't want this... please..." these were the words Way heard in the distance. As he turned to look at the source of the voice, he saw himself on the floor, he was right above Babe, pushing him harder and harder against the cold tiles of the floor.

"No! Stop it!" Way yelled at the figure that looked just like him, but to no avail, as he undressed Babe and started kissing him against his will. Every cry for help, every plea felt like a dagger piercing through his flesh. He couldn't stand that, he tried to turn away but no, he had to watch, it was like an invisible hand was keeping his head still.

Finally, the sound of the morning alarm woke him up. Way rubbed his eyes, he went to the bathroom and looked at his reflection with disgust: how could his mind even think of something like that? The mere thought of his love for Babe turning into a selfish obsession made him feel sick. Right when he thought that he wasn't ready to go back to the garage, right when he was ready to give up on everything just to avoid more pain, Alan's message made his phone ring.

"Hello Way, I need you to buy some snacks, we would like to celebrate. See you later"