Chapter 47

"Don't ever compare my situation to yours, Dean. You sold your own friends just because of your frustration while I had to endure all sorts of punishments and brutalities just because I had no way out! Or maybe you want to tell us that you were in Tony's facility just because you were passing by? Do you think that Babe didn't tell us anything about how you helped Winner?!" Kenta yelled. That was clearly an excuse because he feared that there was no real difference between him and Dean.

"I... I just..." Dean stuttered as he felt that the last person who could help him wasn't going to do anything. Kenta was about to continue shouting at him but Pete put a hand on his chest to hold him back. Kenta sighed heavily, he glared at Dean with the same disgust he would have felt looking at himself in the mirror and went away to look for Kim. Dean was about to kneel before Pete, but the CEO grabbed him by the elbows and stopped him from doing so.

"I'm sorry... I know that I will never be able to redeem myself but... but I don't want bad things to happen to Winner... I like him... I like him so much... despite his arrogant nature and..."

"You don't have to tell me that. Go to the bathroom and wash your face. If Winner is still in Tony's facility, there isn't much we can do without someone inside there. However it is also possible that your dear lover managed to escape before it was too late. Anyway, I'll see what I can do... is that ok, Dean?" Pete interrupted him as he gave him a handkerchief to wipe his tears. Dean smiled brightly and repeatedly thanked Pete for his kindness.

Jeff came out of his brother's room, he closed the door behind himself and found Babe standing right there. He sighed heavily and said with a very bad attitude:

"What are you doing here, huh?"

"I want to tell Charlie that I'm back..." Babe responded.

"Oh, and Mr. Perfect Alpha thinks that it will be a very good thing, right? Get lost, I don't want to see you around him... not until he can decide for himself" Jeff replied and tried to push Babe away, failing.

"Jeff, please... can you tell him that I'm back at least?"

"He already knows it"

"Then can you ask him if he wants to see me?" Babe asked. At first Jeff simply wanted to refuse, but then he changed his mind, he smirked and said:

"You know what? I'll do it. And to show that my intentions are genuine, I will leave the door open, so that you can hear his response"

Babe seemed very happy, clearly expecting a positive answer from Charlie. Jeff went back inside and sat by Charlie's bed, he patted his hand and said softly:

"Babe is here, do you want me to call him so he can say hi... wait... you ate everything, right?" Jeff asked confused as he saw the empty tray on the table next to the bed. Charlie nodded.

"Then how is it possible that your weight keeps decreasing? You've been in bed all the time..." Jeff asked again.

"Quick metabolism" Charlie replied. Even someone as clueless as Babe could realize that it was a lie.

"Quick metabolism... Charlie... do you think I don't know what is going on with my brother?" Jeff said and put a hand on Charlie's cheek as he felt a tear coming down, knowing that his efforts weren't enough.